It's free

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

It's free

Postby Seymore » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:35 am

Sitting in wife's office and she's calling a parent about a kid not being able to see at school. There was a language barrier there due to them being Mexican but the one thing they did understand was FREE. Wouldn't take the kid unless my wife opened her little black book and got a free appointment. :roll: My wife has got to be a Saint because I couldn't put up with these no good parents
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
870 express
Regular

Re: It's free

Postby 870 express » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 am

My wife teaches also(2nd grade) and some of the stories just amaze me! Just last week parent and kid waiting at the door as my wife gets to her class and she thinks great her mother is here about her reading grades (can't read cat from dog) wrong ! Shontavior dont likes the table she been sitting at and the mother would like her to be moved. Never one mention about her not being able to read are getting help reading. Think my wife almost exploded!
blackhawk0718
Duck South Addict

Postby blackhawk0718 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:13 am

my girl friend is an 8th grade teacher. One parent, the father, I almost had to step in cause of some the the things he would accuse and threaten.
Look out for dem danm COOTS
there every were
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:43 am

I hate how little effort the worthless parents put in. Talk to a pediatric nurse about free care for illegals and how they game the system.
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Postby Dux Be Us » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:18 pm

Tax dollors at work....jeeez. 6 kids in my wifes class of 24 are in a home with both parents this year :roll: :roll: :roll:
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:01 pm

My wife is the school nurse in two schools. She is more of a social worker getting free crap for kids whose parents won't do it. Even when she gets them a free appointment they won't show up. That's just sorry.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Funny you post this. my wife (2nd grade teacher) came home Friday telling me that she had gotten a new student early last week & the kid has yet to bring any of the required school supplies. I'm not talking all the extra crap schools ask for now like hand sanitizer, paper towels, ect....I'm talking pencil, paper, folders, ect.... get this though. The mom sent a note with the kid that read "I needs the free lunch form". I hear similar stories all the time that blow my mind.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:39 pm

She got a kid an appointment with a local optometrist who donates his time, equipment, and supplies. The kid picked his glasses from those that were made available for him. Naturely, the frames aren't going to be the top dollar frames because that's just money the doc looses. His Mom gets pizzed because he can't pick frames from the designer section. That's gratitude for you.

Medicine Man
Veteran

Postby Medicine Man » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 pm

paraduck
Veteran

Postby paraduck » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm a ER nurse if you want to see where your tax dollars go come sit in the ER on any night. They bring there kids in with a fever for 1 hour and havent tried to give them tylenol or motrin. Come to the ER for a preg test that is a dollar at the dollar store but its free at the ER. The huge waste of money for medicaid and medicare would make all of you see red.The system is abused so bad and the folks who need to come in don't.
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:22 am

I deal with these same people everyday as well..... Have to learn how to bring up DHS.

As for the ER.....have to do what most hospitals are going to: after triage, if it's not an emergency, they have to pay a fee to see the doctor......so they don't get the preg test either or at least don't get whether it's positive or negative.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:50 am

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”