Scatters Club

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Re: Scatters Club

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Of course it's not always bad apples. If it was nobody would ever go. The pundits would have you believe that it is never positive things going on at the Scatters or any other freelance hunting area.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
timbertamer

Postby timbertamer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 pm

thank you lodi quack that was this exact group of "kids" we are they are all talking about cause im one of them and this was my boat that hauld these kids out with their limit of ducks with big smiles on their faces... i could have quit duck hunting that day and not been any happier because one of those kids killed his first green head that moring it was priceless.... on top of that we asked two older guys to come hunt with us one moring while they killed their limit too and also one morning a lchf member pulled into the trees we were hunting thinking we were someone else and we gladly invited him to hunt with us and he killed his limit hisself with that said the morning before the last day we rode right across the line to speak to them while because we knew who they were and all we get is looks like we are gd idiots and the only word spoken was yall are trespassing.... how respectful is that. its not all as bad as it sounds and the truth is when all of the f*** yous were said the other moring it was a cloudy crappy moring and we only wanted to kill three ducks more and were were done. but yall moved over there right beside us.... thirty more minutes and we would have been gone without any of this stink but what can i say sounds like there were a lot of built up emotions that should have been talked about long before that
B & G Outdoors
Regular

Postby B & G Outdoors » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:04 pm

so 3 nices things gives yal the right to raise hell for the rest of the year?
timbertamer

Postby timbertamer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm

He11 raisinng???? what did we actually do we never had any comfrontations until the last morning... how would yall have felt if we would have moved not fifty yards from where you had been hunting all morning.... there there is nothing that can be said because that is private land and i was told it was a hole forever..... but what i dont understand is why all of this come out just now and that is bs... we were there at the boat ramp, all the time plenty, early for yall to come over there and have this sit down chat with us and tell us all of these problems. but i guess the internet is the best way to solve all problems..
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm

First things first, I haven't been on that property this year so y'all was not ME.

So I def cannot answer to any tresspass this or that or the other pleasentries exchanged.

I do know that I know one of those kids and y'all absolutely made their day, week and maybe season. Very honorable.

But the thing I know the most is if everybody doesn't get along it WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM THE FREELANCE HUNTERS OF MS!

Now why badmouth the folk online that have been hunting in those same trees since before you were born?

What about the other accusations? They are pretty strong?

Do you and your crew have any idea what was done last year to try to keep that area open for everyone?

Did you know that the depth. Had a letter of intent posted on the website to make that place a draw for the very days that you were out there?

The folk on this site, the commissioners, and most of the private land owners including the ones you had the disagreement withare the ONLY PEOPLE TO KEEP IT OPEN THIS YEAR!

THE ANTICS POSTED AND COMPLAINED ABOUT HERE ARE THE ONLY NEG COMMENTS I HAVE HEARD OF AT THE PROPERTY THIS YEAR. IF YALL ARE RESPONSEABLE FOR THE AMMO GIVEN TO DO IT IN THEN WHAT?. No amount of good deeds make up for it!
B & G Outdoors
Regular

Postby B & G Outdoors » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:26 pm

The guys I hunt with have tried to talk to yal at the landing, but yal just do what yal want anyway. The facebook conversation says it all man. I know one specific guy that has something smart booty to say every time we try to talk to him about. I guess he thinks we are jealous or something.
xpress
Regular

Postby xpress » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:36 pm

i saw somethin on here about leavin early and if i remember correctly about 2 days before one of yall's leflore county members left about 15 minutes early.. and who sky bust ducks? you cant kill 1200 ducks in a season by sky bustin.. i mean i dont see what the big deal is, what are yall mad about exactly? this all started because a comment about cartoons from a leflore member...
timbertamer

Postby timbertamer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:43 pm

ok well my friend walked over and talked to them nearly every morning he could and had fine conversations with this exact group and had a good converstion with jb freeman and his son.... those two people were the ones who bad mouthed each other the last morning..... all these negative comments about this wma have come from people who hunt the posted hunting club that has nothing to do with the wma maybe yall did go fight to keep it open so i cant argue that.... but they can do whatever im done with this stupid Sh** because its redicilous... you can talk about whooping me and talk about my daddy what ever you want to do but in all actuality whats done is done..... make it a draw or not.... why should it kept being agged on
feather
Veteran

Postby feather » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:50 pm

This behavior showed up at another part of Malmaison this year with my boat getting rammed and thrown up into the trees by some snot nosed mudmotor totin' dumbass passing everyone. Hard to tell who it is when they are wearing a mask and it happens so quickly and unexpectedly. Makes you want to fight but hard to say who it was after all is said and done. GW also said we need to handle it at the ramp so it doesn't make it to Jackson and I agree. It got a little better towards the end but I HATE carryover from the Scatters and the Brake...most of it is undesireable to say the least but even then there are a few exceptions and I met some nice hunters. I don't want a draw.
"Locked, cocked and ready to rock, doc"..Ted Nugent
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Here here! I agree!

The thing for everyone to remember is to be courtious and follow all the rules. If EVERYBODY WILL DO THAT REGEGUARLESS O WHETHER YOU GET TO HUNT THE HOLE YOU WANT, THERE WILL.NO ISSUES!

Remember though, all those motors don't mean chit on a place that is no wake only, now do they?
feather
Veteran

Postby feather » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm all for no wake if it is enforced...crap we race to the hole only to sit there waiting an hour and a half for shooting time.
"Locked, cocked and ready to rock, doc"..Ted Nugent
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
xpress
Regular

Postby xpress » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 pm

show me a motor that will idle in 6 inches of water, for the first 3 weeks of season we walked and canoed from the boat ramp to the hole.. we were there when nobody else was.. im not tryin to argue but this is a bunch of crap that got blown out of proportion.. its over now why keep talkin about it, we did nothin wrong to nobody.. if everyone minded their own business instead of gettin in to ours we prolly wouldnt have this problem....
B & G Outdoors
Regular

Postby B & G Outdoors » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Well I aint trying to argue either I guess but there is know way that all these people are upset without something being done to them, that they thought was wrong
mbm
Regular

Postby mbm » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Can we meet sat. for a boat race? I like it. :P

Return to “General Discussion Forum”