Question for PT guys

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
vern3
Veteran

Question for PT guys

Postby vern3 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:19 am

My wife is a hair stylist and is on her feet all day, she is starting to have some trouble with her back
Is there a machine that I can buy that have the , for lack of a better word, shock therapy?
Or I quess the better word is pulse of electricity to help with tight muscles.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and you can pm me if you would prefer.
Thanks again.
Vernon
Jelly
Duck South Addict

Re: Question for PT guys

Postby Jelly » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:26 am

google "tens unit"

they work great!
Why is my mouth so dry this morning, when I drank so much last night?
lmiller1
Regular

Postby lmiller1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Use your Taser
tunica
Duck South Addict

Postby tunica » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Tens units are wonderful if used correctly...have you tried yea I know this sound funny but rubbing her back with Isopropyl Alcohol with wintergreen& Glycerin. A couple of body builders at the gym turned Me on to this and its great for soreness....They use it and I have for a few months now and it works for Me...

Ken
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:08 pm

Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:47 pm

tens units work well. I've got a neuro stim implanted where the electrical lead is implanted in my spinal cord. Hope she never gets to that point 'cause it sux.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
the doctor
Duck South Addict

Postby the doctor » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:50 pm

stretch hamstrings every morning

PT told me if something is hurting under normal or routine movements it is likely because those muscles are overcompensating for something not pulling its wait

had this problem in my lower back...stretch every day, problem gone

the doc
Northdeltahunter
Regular

Postby Northdeltahunter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:21 am

TENS units work great for pain but do not solve the problem...only masks it. They are readily available and most insurances will cover if you have prescription.

Make sure she wears comfortable, supportive shoes, uses mat to stand on during day, sits down when she cans, regularly stretches and exercises lower extremities. You can also google Mckenzie exercises for back which are good stretches as well.
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

might try getting her a cusioned rubber pad to stand on. Look at your local auto parts place, they should have them. It wont fix the problem but it will help some.
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
- General Macarthur

RNAIL
Veteran

Postby RNAIL » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Also find her the best shoes you can afford,, some are ugly but they help a lot.
I'm Retired, leave me alone
cockandlock25
Veteran

Postby cockandlock25 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:45 pm

Like the doc said, stretching the hamstrings works wonders. Also, have you thought about her seeing a chiropractor? I had some low back and siatic nerve problems a little over a year ago. I went to a chiropractor and see him once a month now. Between him and stretching, my back stays in good shape. Just throwing that out.
"What would we attempt to achieve if someone told us that we couldn't fail? Sometimes fear of failure is the only thing that stands in our way of success."
munyoz70
Veteran

Postby munyoz70 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:24 am

Ok please dont laugh, I already feel like a fag showing yall this.

But here is a video of the 5 thibetin wrights, its some kind of yoga or something. I have a friend that is about to be forty, he had gotten to where he couldnt carry anthing heavy, or even bend over. He researched the net and came up with this, after only a month of doing these every night he could put his hands flat on the floor. And tells me everyday how great he feels. There are several youtube videos that explain these 5 excercises but here is the shortest. Start with doing 7reps of each and work your way up. Give it a month and you should be amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juZxrvc8-A4
"Man you don't see them ducks, hand me that gun"- T.K. and Mike

Return to “General Discussion Forum”