DuckBus WTF

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

DuckBus WTF

Postby mallardchaser » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:20 pm

I was at a public spot this am and pull in a little late, had a flat. I see a ford excursion parked at the very narrow, one boat launching boat ramp. I figured he was gonna pull out and park like you are supposed to do. My buddy say's look at that shi*, dudes not in the truck and blocking the ramp. I could not believe it, he backed in, dropped boat in, pulled out a little and stopped. It's a darn good thing the water is too low and no one else was trying to launch..I have never seen such on a public hunting place. I'm glad for them that only two other groups were messing around in there today and not trying to launch a boat. What were you thinking?
legends of the lower mars
Duck South Sponsor

Re: DuckBus WTF

Postby legends of the lower mars » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Sounds like some valve stem removal is in order! :wink:
WHO DAT!

TOURNAMENT REDFISHING TEAM

A man may have many dogs in his life, but, a "True Legend" comes only once...

NOTICE! USERNAME SHOULD READ---"Legends of the Lower Marsh"
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:41 pm

That's what one of my buddy's said. I've had two flats this week, one this am at 4:15.. I couldn't do it to the guy, had it been a normal water year and that occured, I'd hate to see what would've happened.
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:04 am

I'd have chained up, hit the 4 lo button and cleard the ramp, i've done it before.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:16 am

Should have dropped a nice steamy pile of poo on the hood of his truck! :twisted:
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:17 pm

It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
moon
Regular

Postby moon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Ok this is how it is. The DuckBus belongs to me and for your information we spent 2 hours building a rock extention to this ramp to even get the trailor in the water. I hunt this spot several times a year every year and have never feel off the end of this ramp. The water is too skinny this year for the way this ramp was built. We had to move rocks from the sides of the ramp to the end of the ramp to extend it out further into the water and still bottomed out the trailor and was barely able to get the boat unloaded. With boat unloaded, trailor stuck, no other hunters, and the sun starting to brake we decided not to damage my trailor anymore. And for the rest of you let me catch one of you vandalizing another hunters truck. We didnt mean to mess up anyones hunt, but we also went back to the ramp when we heard someone pull up to the ramp. When we got there there was no one there, and they left a note on my truck. Which is perfectly ok with me, i would have done the same thing. By the way mrgoodtime my truck weights 9000lbs unloaded so unless you drive a D5 you would not moved my truck up this ramp.
Wait for the landing gear and shootem in the face!!! CTM2005
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Internet badazz! :shock:
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:11 pm

so people aren't always trying to screw up someone else's hunt??? thought that was unheard of.....give people the benefit of the doubt, if no one else was there right before shooting time i would have probably done the same thing and come back if i heard someone else pull up, remember folks what goes around comes around
moon
Regular

Postby moon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Internet dumbazz
Wait for the landing gear and shootem in the face!!! CTM2005
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Fellows, he explained his thinking, leave him alone. Sounds like he won't do it again. Ain't no ducks there anyway.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:51 pm

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:04 pm

lol
Guess this guy wouldnt have been mad if someone else did this to him??
Also how much damage was done when you pulled out?
Like mallard said you pulled out some so why not pull all the way back up the ramp out of the way?

Same thing gos for all the people that want to unload all their stuff once they get in the middle of the ramp and block it. Then take 15 minutes to unload their crap and then move.
Look at it like this. Would you want that done to you, or someone else do this and you wait or be late?

Im sure some guys on here have enough truck to pull it a good ways up the ramp inorder for them to drop in.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff

Return to “General Discussion Forum”