Need help finding wireless electric fence

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Need help finding wireless electric fence

Postby jtdumallard » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:27 pm

With biggest range
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
brandon327
Veteran

Re: Need help finding wireless electric fence

Postby brandon327 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:31 pm

The largest range i have ever seen is a 90 radius i think. I know that you can get a addtional transmitter and make the area larger as long as the radius overlap.
dukhunter
Veteran

Postby dukhunter » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:01 pm

I've got the petsafe wireless and I love it. it is by far the best money I have ever spent for my dogs.......one transmiter has a 90 foot range but you can buy multipal transmiters and extend that range by slightly overlapping coverage ranges. My lab has worn the collar since she came home and I never sugar coated it for her it took about 2 days for her to learn her boundries and now the battery can be dead for a month and she will not cross that "LINE". you cant make her cross it unless you put a leash on her and walk her over it, it is very very impressive, I personally think if you own a dog in town it should be mandatory that you should have to own one in order to keep the dog.......
merlebo05
Duck South Addict

Postby merlebo05 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:59 pm

I have the petsafe as well and it is a nice set up. With that said mine is not but a year old and I have started having trouble with it. It will not let my dog get but about 10-15 and it starts beeping on him.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:03 am

I just got the Petsafe and am going to do the training while I'm off for Christmas. Did you bother with the flags or just use the beeper to teach limits?

Did not know you could link transmitters like that; cool.
Faithful Retrievers
Duck South Addict

Postby Faithful Retrievers » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:51 pm

I have the underground around my house and I set the flags up for a while mainly just took them on the leash and walked the perimeter. It doesn't take long for them to get the idea.
http://www.grizzlyjig.com
"Better to have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion Forum”