Best Preaching I've heard in a long while

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
StraightUp
Veteran

Best Preaching I've heard in a long while

Postby StraightUp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Check out this preacher and her message.

http://vimeo.com/16404771
Deep Woods
Veteran

Re: Best Preaching I've heard in a long while

Postby Deep Woods » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:45 am

Not my word but God's Word. If you want to argue take it up with HIM.

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

The first argument, why it is not lawful for women to teach in the congregation, because by this means they would be placed above men, for they would be their masters: and this is against God's ordinance. - Geneva Bible Notes

But I suffer not a woman to teach, That is, publicly. They may privately instruct, as Priscilla did Apollos, Acts 18:26; and as a believing wife may instruct her unbelieving husband, when he requires a reason of her faith; but then she must not challenge any authority to do this, this being to usurp an authority not due to her. - BFB commentary

Nor to usurp authority; as she would should she undertake publicly to teach. It is the revealed will of God that public religious teachers should be men, not women. He has allotted to them different spheres of action, and the perfection of each consists not in aspiring or submitting to occupy the place of the other, but in performing their own appropriate duties. - FBN commentary

usurp authority--"to lord it over the man", literally, "to be an autocrat." - Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Commentary

To usurp authority over the man-By public teaching. - John Wesley

Nor to usurp authority over the man: ordinary teaching of the woman was a usurpation of authority over the man, who is the head, which the apostle also forbade in 1Corinthians 11:3, and here repeateth. Nevertheless women may, and it is their duty to instruct their children and families at home, especially in the absence of their husbands.
Biblical assurance of salvation does not flow from a past decision or a prayer, but from the examination of one’s enduring lifestyle in the light of Scripture.
1John 2:4, 1John 1:6, 2 Corinthians 6:14, Job 13:16
StraightUp
Veteran

Postby StraightUp » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:49 pm

You sir are a real goob.
gobama123
Veteran

Postby gobama123 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Make time to PRAY ! God has given us so much. Thank him.
Deep Woods
Veteran

Postby Deep Woods » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:10 am

Biblical assurance of salvation does not flow from a past decision or a prayer, but from the examination of one’s enduring lifestyle in the light of Scripture.
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:17 pm

StraightUp
Veteran

Postby StraightUp » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:56 pm

Deep Woods
Veteran

Postby Deep Woods » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:50 am

bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 am

So Deep Woods and Gobama does your churches have women who sing solos? Do you have women music ministers, youth ministers or childrens ministers? If so have you shared your opinion with them? Have you protested in any way when a woman gets up to sing a solo? What have you done to fight this "sin" (in your opinion) in your church? Not saying you are wrong. Just wonder what you have done to stop this if you believe so strongly that it is wrong.
farmweather
Regular

Postby farmweather » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Deep Woods, you are right. However, I think the situation is better approached with some humility and grace. Explain, rather than call someone out anonymously over the internet. If we are Christian Brothers, and you really care about Straight Up's faith, maybe you should consider taking a different approach.

Our biggest enemy is our self-righteousness. God have mercy on all of us.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

www.DeltaFarmWeather.com
Deep Woods
Veteran

Postby Deep Woods » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:11 pm

farmweather
Regular

Postby farmweather » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:42 am

If you would notice, I said OUR self-righteousness, I mean male Christians as a whole. Please do not take offense to the truthfulness of my statement. I only meant what I said to help. Obviously you know the Scripture, and yes you should expose sin. There are two types of leaders, those that make it to the top no matter what by themselves, and those that help others reach the top with them. I said nothing about "petting", I used the word "grace".

I also don't understand the comment where you hint that I actually might be on the side of the devil.

In my first post, I AGREED with you and you still became defensive. I AGREED with what you said. I only suggested that you might deliver your message with more grace.

It seems that you are angry at me, which I don't really understand either.

The scripture is all true and can't be argued, so I'm not apologizing for that.... But if MY words have offended anyone here, I apologize.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

www.DeltaFarmWeather.com
hencutter
Veteran

Postby hencutter » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:42 am

hencutter
Veteran

Postby hencutter » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:52 am

Deep Woods,replies to other Christian's postings on this forum leads me to wonder if you spend as much time visiting the sick or perhaps building a house for the homeless as you do trying to show your "spiritual super-ness" at every posting that someone else puts up.
Deep Woods
Veteran

Postby Deep Woods » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:10 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”