LASIK

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Chuckle12
Duck South Addict

LASIK

Postby Chuckle12 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:15 pm

Considering getting it done, I'm tired of buying new glasses every 6 months because they're scratched and I'm tired of cleaning 'em every time my dog shakes or it's dusty outside.

Who on here has had it? Any problems? Anybody wish they wouldn't have done it? Questions? Comments?
Μολὼν λαβέ
HRCH Man with a Loaded Gun MH
HR Quest's Loaded Gun 4/8/00-7/5/12 RIP
levi127
Duck South Addict

Re: LASIK

Postby levi127 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:25 pm

My wife went to get it done but they turned her down, because she wasnt 25. Also it is suppose to be pretty hard now to get approved to get it done.

I know you want to go with a doctor that has done it alot and is big into that business. Thats all ive really heard about it now.

My mom got it done years ago when they 1st started it and shes been fine.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:04 pm

had it done at ms vision in jxsn and best thing i've done as far as eyes go. my wife got tired of picking my glasses up out of the yard when i'd throw them from not being able to see through the sweat on them. don't have to worry about them fogging up in the blind anymore either. only problem i had is that i got limb whipped in the eye with astigmatism and it agrivated the astigmatism. the autofocus was off and caused some depth perception problems. just had it retouched and back to 20/15. i do see startbursts around lights at night, but i'm used to it and never was that much of an issue anyway. there was no pain at all, but it was weird being awake for the whole thing which only took 20 min from start to finish.
dr b and jeff are both good ones to pm for any questions (both eye docs) and i think dr b does it in his office, not sure about jeff, but he has answered a couple of questions i've had in the past.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Dr. B
Veteran

Postby Dr. B » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:30 pm

holler at me with specific questions or concerns. pm here or email me at dr_harris@pea1.net

Dr. B
"Shoot 'em in the face!"
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:58 pm

I discussed this with you a few weeks ago.

Dr. Connie S. McCaa, MD
4800 Lakeland drive Flowood, MS 39232 - (601) 933-1080

I went from 20/400 to 20/20 in less than a minute.
Chuckle12
Duck South Addict

Postby Chuckle12 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Jeff, our conversation is exactly where all this came from, that's why your gonna pay for half!! Do you have halos?

Dr. B I just sent you a PM.
Μολὼν λαβέ
HRCH Man with a Loaded Gun MH
HR Quest's Loaded Gun 4/8/00-7/5/12 RIP
ducksak
Veteran

Postby ducksak » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

I think it is the closest thing to a miracle I have seen. No pun intended. I got it done about a year ago and have loved every min of it. Like donia said I see streaks of light when I look at oncoming lights at night, but its well worth it. Connie McCaa did mine. Its expensive and vision insurance doesnt pay but a couple hundred on it. I think it was around $4200 but she is one of the best in the south.
Jelly
Duck South Addict

Postby Jelly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 pm

I had it done and it is the bomb.. You won't regret it. I was as blind as a bat too. I could give you the name of a guy in tulsa but you probably don't want to go there
Why is my mouth so dry this morning, when I drank so much last night?
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:17 am

Check the link out at the bottom and look on their site for PRK, I had it done about 3 years ago and can still read the 10/8 (20/16 effective) line at work no problems. For whatever reason (thin cornea I think) I was unable to get the true LASIK, but got the PRK instead. The great thing about PRK is there are no halo's and no flap to become dislodged, btw its the only one approved for people in armed services. I highly recommend it, as my buddy sees the halo's/starbursts around lights at night and he says it drives him crazy. About the ONLY thing I can say that it has effected is my ability to see well in low light conditions...but it's a very worthwhile tradeoff.

http://www.mecavision.com/
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:33 am

Sam....

Best money I EVER spent. You don't realize how bad you can see until your done and can actually see leaves etc. I had Thomas Hebert do mine and have had no problems and that was about 9 years ago. Id do it again. No halos for me. Bow seasons got a LOT BETTER.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
jebster
Veteran

Postby jebster » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:30 am

Did it in 1998. It was PRK. Best thing I ever did! Do not wait another minute to get this done. Wore glasses and Contacts for 25 years.......don't miss them at all.
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Postby huntersmky » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:38 am

Whats the cost now a days per eye? Feel free to PM
Last edited by huntersmky on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ducksak
Veteran

Postby ducksak » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:52 am

Chuckle12 you wouldnt happen to be a Pierce would you?
duckhead'71
Regular

Postby duckhead'71 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:57 am

Had PRK 2 months ago. Great results. Dr Bill Ashford in Jacktown performed my procedure. Recovery is a little longer, but well worth it. No problems and look forward to hunting without needing defrost on glasses.
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:26 am

The last couple of years I have started to wear reading glasses to see up close. Will Lasik help with this?
Hayes Calls Prostaff
Crazy Anglers Pro Staff
Kick's Chokes Pro Staff
Crappie Logic Jigs Pro Staff
F&F Boats Prostaff
Dakota Decoys Prostaff

Return to “General Discussion Forum”