Katrina on Nat Geo Channel

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Katrina on Nat Geo Channel

Postby Seymore » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm

They are showing amatuer video of New Orleans during Katrina. They showed the Super Dome before the hurricane and there were 10,000 people prior to landfall and I swear I didn't see a white person in the video. The vast majority of the videos are shot by non-swimmers. I don't understand why they didn't leave. There were buses, I believe, evacuating people days before to shelters in Texas and Baton Rouge and nobody took advantage of them. Therefore, it can't be blamed on economic disadvantage. Yet, when it was over they were the ones screaming about how Bush failed. Sometimes I just don't understand the stupidity of people and not taking responsibility for one's self
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
mottlet
Duck South Addict

Re: Katrina on Nat Geo Channel

Postby mottlet » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:57 am

Is this a joke?

I watched that same program with my very white girlfriend from Louisiana and listened to the TV and her crying through the whole thing in stereo. I pulled a very white friend of mine off of an ignorant lunatic that was upset the Redskins suck and thought Katrina jokes would be a funny way to get back at a bunch of us Saints fans at FedEx field last December. A very white fraternity brother of mine got chased by storm surge from the first floor of his house to the second floor, then from the second floor to the attic, before finally having to bust through his roof with a hatchet and ride out the rest of the storm on his roof hoping that wind didn't blow him to land of Oz. My very white roommate in law school didn't just refuse to evacuate, but charged DOWN there like the numbnuts that he is so that he could look after some very elderly family and neighbors and ended up getting stranded on the Coast and damn near flunking out during his final year of law school.

One of the above is a democrat. None of the above thought that ANY level of government, local, state or federal, came within MILES of getting it right five years ago.
It's a bloody mary morning...
qckmstr

Postby qckmstr » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:29 am

well heres my 2 cents. yes there were people killed that had the chance and didn't. thats there own fault. but for the most part i think katrina did new orleans a favor by cleaning out alot of scum that lived there. (ex. fleeing fellons, drug dealers, prostitutes, etc.) matter of fact they could use one more to clean out the remains.
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby Delta Duck » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 am

I watched the same program, each person shooting video stated they were stupid for staying before the storm hit land fall!

It was poor judgement on local and State leadership.

It is amazing that more people did not die!
"Ducks on the Brain"
It's always better with a good dog and good friends, Ducks and no Terrorist!
http://www.DeltaDucks.com
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:36 am

I guess what chaps my booty is anytime to see or hear about Katrina its NOLA....never hear that much bout the MS coast that just got swept away....cause we do what we posed to do take matters in our hands and take care of each other ...guess there is no good media story in that.....burns my booty......Yes and i agree with ya NOLA needs another good flushing it did that city good......
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:08 am

There will be a day....
farmerc83
Duck South Addict

Postby farmerc83 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:31 am

all I could think when I saw the thousands of non swimmers streaming into the Dome was yep, once again they put forth the smallest possible effort then expect someone else to take care of them from there all the while looking to find shortcomings of the help provided. Just like the health care industry, don't bother taking care of yourself at all during your life or having insurance, but show up expecting 5 star treatment and looking for a reason to sue.
The two loudest sounds in the world are a BANG when you expect a CLICK and a CLICK when you expect a BANG.
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Postby huntersmky » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:47 am

Its all about a government handout. I heard on the radio yesterday that 43% of Americans are dependent on the government and our tax dollars. 42%, that is plum crazy to me.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:14 pm

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
qckmstr

Postby qckmstr » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 pm

well my logic is correct there mudsucker. before katrina the fbi did an undercover opperation called operation fellon. there was an estimated 30,000 + fleeing fellons living in new orleans under no identification. most where living in the 9th ward. after katrina, the pumps that pumped the waters out of the 9th ward area was plugged with bodies that were mostly not identified. i dont know what the final count was but at one time it was 17,000. those bodies that are not identified do not go against the total death toll. more or less never mentioned again. disposed of in mass and forgotten. so.... by my math thats a pretty good cleaning of a city. one more time and new orleans might be a pretty decent place to go to.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:47 pm

17,000 bodies....?

Always being the cynic, do ya got any sources to back this claim up?

Just seems a little far fetched...
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:08 am

Yea...even i would like to see the documentation to back that up....if there were that many baodies you can bet for sure there would have been something in the media on that one to make the Katrina NOLA story even better.....
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
tuscaloosahunter
Veteran

Postby tuscaloosahunter » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:18 am

BAY KINGFISHER
Duck South Addict

Postby BAY KINGFISHER » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:44 am

Probably less than 15,000 people lived in the Lower ninth prior to Katrina...somebody better check their facts!!! Also the real problem with New Orleans started way before Katrina hit!!! I do blame the government!!! for enabling generations of New Orleans citizens, mainly because of corruption and worrying about being re-elected!!!
HRCH Mr. Buck's Delta Do "Dee" MH

Return to “General Discussion Forum”