water at scatters

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
redwine
Veteran

water at scatters

Postby redwine » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:37 pm

We're all in this tub together, If one of us pee's we all get a warm feeling.
Duck Sniper
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Sniper » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:53 pm

JB Free
Veteran

Postby JB Free » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:00 pm

How much wood, wood a wood duck-duck, if a wood duck wood duck wood?
Duck Sniper
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Sniper » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:57 pm

SoftCall
Duck South Addict

Postby SoftCall » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:55 pm

run me out in the cold rain and snow
BigLou2
Veteran

Postby BigLou2 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:24 pm

crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:47 am

From what ive see its been a bunch of idiots skybustin on the point anyway. Plus, there will be another group of idiots 100yards behind them doing the same thing. From what ive been able to watch this year people that hunt the state will not let the ducks work. One pass and everybody unloads there gun and one ducks glides down a couple hundred yards away.
When it come's to duck calling and duck killing its the indian not the arrow!
Duck Sniper
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Sniper » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:51 am

crackhead,
it has never been put more truthfully! hunted last weekend and the 5 guys on the point were literally shooting at ducks (and gesse) out of skybusting range.
sniper
SweetWater Hunting
Regular

Postby SweetWater Hunting » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:31 am

I got a chance to hunt up there last weeken also i must take up for the guys on the point though. Three guys came in and set up about 75 yds from those guys on the point i have never seen anybody shoot at ducks as for as way as 1 of those three guys his buddys wouldnt even let him set in the boat with them.... i shouldnt complain though i got of a total of 3 shots.......
Quack Killls!!!!!!!!!!!
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:39 am

OH, this is good.........ya'll continue the horror stories......PLEASE! It'll help make a case against discussing public hunting areas on the internet......'Cause you see, that's typically the kinda folks that flock to public places that recieve a lot of publicity on message boards like this. I see it on places I hunt, too.....folks like that obviously don't care how their actions affect anybody else......and I'd guess a LOT of'em don't have a clue that they ARE affecting anybody else.

So, when will folks learn not to mention or discuss public hunting places on the internet?...........answer: After (and only if THEY realize) THEY'VE become a victim of their own selfishness and lack of consideration for others :? ........consequently, that's too late. :roll:

The best way to discourage talk about public hunting places on here is.......when someone posts a topic that mentions a specific location........just don't post a reply. That sends a subtile message letting folks know we care enough about the quailty of hunting in our state (what little remains) NOT to make any information accessible to folks that haunt these boards, trying too mooch off folks that appreciate what you have to go through, to find a decent place to hunt (whether there's any ducks there, or not). Just use 'Private Messaging', please.......that's what it's for.

All that is accomplished by posting a reply is it attracts undesirables to that area, and shows 1)how little regard you have for your own chances of success, 2)how little you really know about hunting, and 3)how little respect you have for the other folks that hunt that area. It just draws attention to a place that may or may not actually provide positive results, depending on the reliability and integrity of the source.....and the timing of the information. "Boy, ya'll shoulda been here, yesterday!" sorta thing.

So make your own nest and mess in it, if you choose to. :roll: If the information is THAT HOT......and you want to share it with your closest freinds.......use the telephone. :wink:
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:55 am

Anatidae said it best, amen brother, then we wonder why we have barney problems? I have sat here idle, gnashing my teeth on several posts but can't take it no mo. I dunno if replying again helps or hurts, but had to.

Glad to see the weather change or it was gonna get ugly.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”