San Antonio restaurants

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jc
Regular

San Antonio restaurants

Postby jc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Just wondering if anyone has any restaurant suggestions for San Antonio. Not looking to break the bank. Anything from the good ol hole in the wall to a nice sit down(not too expensive) as this will be with a church group. thanks
Your hunt is only as good as your dog and the people that are with you.
Jelly
Duck South Addict

Re: San Antonio restaurants

Postby Jelly » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:33 am

go downtown by the riverwalk and there are tons of restaurants there. can't remember the names but they are good. Ask a local when you get down there
Why is my mouth so dry this morning, when I drank so much last night?
brandon327
Veteran

Postby brandon327 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:09 pm

Dick's is good downtown on the boardwalk but it is not somewhere to take a church group.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:24 pm

PAPADOUX!!! Seafood and stuff.

County line! if you want meat, ribs briskets and stuff. I have lived there twice ,these were my favorites I never really liked the riverwalk much. They do have some nice places down there but its touristy.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Splurge one night and go eat at the top of the needle. It's a rotating rest. and is flat out awesome.

I don't know the name, but if your at the riverwalk where there is the orange colored statue type thing, the road that crosses the riverwalk right there. opposite side of the riverwalk from the orange thing and on your left side of the road with your back to the orange thing there is a rest on that corner. they have tables and all at the riverwalk, the best chips and salsa and my wife loved their 'grittas.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:33 pm

MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:41 pm

don't forget the Buckhorn Saloon and Museum. OK food, but all the animal mounts was amazing.

E Commerce is the street and I THINK it's Casa Rio. Tower of the Americas has the rotating rest.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
Big R
Veteran

Postby Big R » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:59 pm

I live out here now, after 40 years in Louisville, and the rotating restaurant is the Tower of Americas. I have not eaten there yet, but have been told it is an experience. I have been to the Riverwalk a couple of time when the folks come out and it is a nice place, but strictly a tourist place.

If you want some good real mexican food, there is a place in SA, don't know exactly where, but it is called Martha's and it is good. The mexican places out here are nothing like the ones back in good ol' MS. There are several very good Steak Houses down around the Riverwalk.

If you want some of the BEST Italian food I have ever had, there is a place in Seguin, which is about 25-30 miles east on IH 10, call Joe's Italian Grill and man these folks are true Italians and can cook. I don't know how or why they are in Seguin TX, I do have an idea, but they can cook. Also in Seguin is a Bar-B-Q place called Davilla's, has the best brisket, ribs, and chicken. Davilla has 2 places and the best is the little shop on the corner, not the new big place on Highway 123. STAY away from Bill Miller's, it is a fast food chain of Bar-B-Q.

Rudy's is a good Bar-B-Q place and it is kind of a step back in time as well. You will think it is nothing but a gas station if you go there, because they do sell gas at the pumps, but there food is very good. They have signs up all over the eating area that says "Your MAMA is not here, Clean up after yourself" and you are not serverd on plates it is on pieces of wrapping paper and they give you your food in a 2-liter coke crate. Their baby back ribs are the best and their smoked turkey is fine.

Have a good time and if you can go see a movie at the IMAX 3-D Theater at the Riverwalk it is worth the price to get in.

Regard,

Robert
If you can't hunt it with a dog, I don't want to hunt it..........
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com® It's duck season somewhere. Full-service, full-time agency specializing in world-wide wingshooting and trophy bird hunts. Toll free 1-866-438-3897. Visit our website to view 100s of client testimonials, 1000s of photos.
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:14 pm

yall wouldnt happen to be going to six flags would you?

if so, let me know how it is.
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
- General Macarthur

feedcall
Duck South Addict

Postby feedcall » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:33 pm

If it's a group of kids and you don't want to spend a bunch of money take them to the Rainforrest Cafe. It's on the Riverwalk.
This is no longer a vacation, this is a quest, a quest for fun---Chevy Chase.
cajun squealer
Duck South Addict

Postby cajun squealer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Las Ramblas (Spanish cuisine) is excellent. It's in the Hotel Contessa on the river walk.
Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him.
--Willie
Jelly
Duck South Addict

Postby Jelly » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Why is my mouth so dry this morning, when I drank so much last night?
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 am

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
hencutter
Veteran

Postby hencutter » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:42 am

I will second Rudys on BBQ and Martha's on Mexican Food.But the Rainforest,I wouldn't go there if they paid me. Waited for over an hour due to the grandkids wanting to get in there,(back in March) ,got in finally,the food was mediocre,but the service was the worst that I have seen in years. Complained to a manager (which is a rare thing for me and my wife)and got out,will never go back.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”