Health Insurance

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Health Insurance

Postby jdbuckshot » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 am

I will be shopping around for some new health insurance soon. right now i am with Blue Cross Blue Shield but i will be changing because of certaint circumstances.

Right now its just me and my wife. We are planning to have children in the near future. 1-2 years from now so decent insurance is enough. Even a high deductable insurance may be suitable

Does anyone have any info on good a poilicy, or an agent i may contact. I have looked online and got prices, but can't really find any details on poilicys.

thanks.

JD
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
mozbornj
Veteran

Re: Health Insurance

Postby mozbornj » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am

Myself and my kids all have individual BCBS policies with $7500 deductibles.

I had policies with AETNA and Golden rule at one time but they freaking sucked. I think Golden rule is now Health care one or something like that.
Supposidly they restructured or got bought out. Their prices are as high as BCBS though.

I didn't have insurance for my wife when she had our kids and cut a cash deal with the docs, and I can tell you it was way cheaper than what they charge normally.
rolo
Veteran

Postby rolo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 am

My family uses golden rule which is basically united healthcare's hsa company. Our deductible is 5000, but once it's met it pays 100%. Premiums are 130 bucks for a healthy family of 4. No maternity coverage. You'll find that most maternity plans require you to pay in for a year before benefits kick in. We just saved money in our hsa acct and paid in full during the first trimester and got more than 50% off the insurance rate. I think we paid 7500 for everything, delivery included.

Go to esurance.com. Hsa is the way to go if yall are healthy.
S Turn 2
Veteran

Postby S Turn 2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:12 pm

JD, I'm an agent.
If you would like, you can call me at (901)937-9484. I have access to most of the major companies in the state and can go over the different policies for you and your family. There are a couple of different catagories you can look at. Each has its pro's and cons. We can custom build a plan around your needs and preferences and budget.
I'm in the process of moving to the Jackson area now, to open an agency, which is why I have the TN number. If you don't get me, leave me a message and I'll hit you back up

Steven

SOMETHINGS IN LIFE TAKE DOGS, FOR THOSE WITH THE HIGHEST STANDARDS- MAKE IT A LAB!!!!
trey
Veteran

Postby trey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:07 pm

JD,

I'm a financial consultant for Insphere Insurance Solutions here in Jackson, I represent many companies and I sit face-to-face with all clients to help them design the most cost effective plan for their families... I have United Health Care and Aetna plans, but I would recommend United Healthcare's Plan and it's nowhere the same policies as the ones from years prior....Insphere is the only Agency in this state that can offer United Health Policies that have a diminishing deductible.... This means your deductible will reduce every year you don't meet it, up to as much as 50%... I have issued coverage for many clients from ducksouth! United Healthcare's plans are not the same prices as Blue Cross/Blue Shield... United Healthcare also is the administer of CHIP's (Children's Health Insurance Program)...All the Hospitals in Jackson are in their Network.. Health Savings Account is Phenomenal and they have traditional 80/20 plans with max out of pockets... Maternity riders are available! United Healthcare issued new plans in January and all are very good coverage with a very very large network! Their HSA provide wellness/preventative coverage immediately without having to meet deductible, which means, your wife can get all her testing with no copay and no waiting period and not having to meet the deductible... You can also put $6000/year in the HSA which is tax deferred! We offer Supplemental coverage that will pay you, so that you can pay your deductible and supplement your income if something happens! There isn't another agency that can provide you the security for your family as Insphere can!

We only represent top rated companies...

United Healthcare
Aetna
ING DIRECT
Jackson National Life
Metlife
John Hancock
Minnesotta Life
Prudentail
The Standard

Trey Meacham
601-622-1974
www.insphereis.com
www.insphereis.com/treymeacham
treymeacham@insphereis.com
slew
Veteran

Postby slew » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:51 pm

just wondering, a couple, 55 years old basically heathy, with a 2 or 3 thousand dallar ded, and how long do these rates look in for
slew
Veteran

Postby slew » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm

i meant how long do these rates lock, in for and what about cancelation
trey
Veteran

Postby trey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:00 pm

SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

Postby SFDdelta1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:32 pm

i went through ehealth insurance online and cut my payment in half with going up to a 50 dollar copay. I maybe make it to the doctor twice a year so it was well worth it to me

E
It's Not all Mai Tais and Yahtzee Out Here
trey
Veteran

Postby trey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 pm

Who's lookin for coverage???? Give me a call 601-622-1974...
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:30 pm

On the flip side I can say despite having the CHIPS contract United Health care is not that great. They used to have terrible reimbursement. It has gotten better in the past two years and I know of several Hospitals that use it to insure their employees. It still is second tier to BCBS. There is a world of difference between how they treat the owners and how they treat the physicians.
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Sun May 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Katie Mae
Regular

Postby Katie Mae » Mon May 03, 2010 12:19 pm

my company used to use united healthcare...cost for women was expensive and very few provider's took united healthcare (tri county area). BCBS was cheaper and most providers accepted them.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon May 03, 2010 12:46 pm

I don't want to hijack the thread, but who ever the genious was that came up with the birthday rule as applies to primary
insurance carrier should be taken out back and shot in the teeth.

Wife and I both have BCBS. Hers is BCBS of Ms, mine is with Anthem. We both have insurance on our son.
Tried to make him primary on my insurance due to the fact that her insurance will pick up secondary and mine won't.
Just found out today that I can't carry him as primary because my birthday is in March and hers is in January. :evil:
How F'd up is that? And to top it off, I can't even drop the coverage until our annual enrollment in the fall. Have to
pay for insurance that I can't even use all because some insurance God made the rule that who ever's birthday came
first in the year was the primary insurance holder.

Be aware of the birthday rule if you are trying to have secondary coverage.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Mon May 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Fireplug, get your policies down and read them side by side. I have a lot of experience in coordianting primary and secondary coverage between my insurance and my wife's insurance as it relates to our kids. I have found that 9 times out of 10 you will be given the wrong information by the representatives of the company and I have many times wrote them letters and cited specific page and paragraph numbers to prove my point. Don't just accept what you are told as gospel. Research it on your own. It's a pain in the butt but sometimes they count on that to deter you from finding things out on your own.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”