New Phone choices

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cootkiller
Veteran

New Phone choices

Postby cootkiller » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:00 am

Gonna get a new phone and just wanted some opioins and why. Looking at the Blackberry curve or the Hero. I have a touch screen motorola evoke now and dont care much for it(slow internet, cant send pictures in text and to touch sensitive while in my pocket if i forget to lock it.) So let me know what you think.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. -Mark Twain
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Re: New Phone choices

Postby Deltaquack » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 am

You have Cellular South?
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 am

I have a Blackberry Bold and absolutely love it. Mine has the roller track ball, but the new ones have like a laptop touchpad. If you are wanting it for business purposes, I wouldget it. The e-mail and texting is so much better. If you just want it for games and apps and to use it like a computer, then the Iphone and HTC hero are your best bet.
cootkiller
Veteran

Postby cootkiller » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:19 am

yeah i am already with Cell south
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. -Mark Twain
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Postby huntersmky » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:56 am

Cell South is about to release the New Blackberry Curve in a few weeks. I would wait and get it. That hero is a pain in the @ss to try and figure out. Maybe i'm just simple but I couldn't work the d@mn thing
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Durability go with blackberry and put it in a otter box(cheapest on Amazon)
Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...
duckchur1
Veteran

Postby duckchur1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 pm

I checked online tonight. I will be getting a new phone next month for work and right now I am struggling between the new Blackberry Curve 8530 and the Blackberry Tour. I don't travel internationally so I wouldn't use the Tour for its full purpose but it has a better camera (3.2 Mp) than the Curve (2 Mp). The new Curve would be nice because of the new touch track thing instead of the track ball. Luckily I have a month of research before I decide.
Gus Eifling
JimAire
Veteran

Postby JimAire » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:17 pm

From experience....Blackberry --quality product, dependable.
HTC--disappointing
FACTORY DEALER FOR PRO-DRIVE BOATS AND MUD MOTORS
GATORTRAX BOATS TOO, BUT NOTHING HYPER SPOKEN HERE
hdforester
Veteran

Postby hdforester » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Still love my Hero. Not that hard to figure out. Best antenna of any phone I have ever had. Ya'll seem to like your Blackberrys but I've got a friend who has sent his off at least twice to be fixed. Gov't phone so that may be it but he hates it.
One Shot Payne
Veteran

Postby One Shot Payne » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Yea I have the hero and yes it was a pain to figure out but now there's nothing about it I don't like. I guess it depends on what you want to get used to
smith
Veteran

Postby smith » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 am

I had a blackberry curve and now I have the blackberry tour. The visual voice mail is the sheet. I am in nursing school too and have a drug book on my phone that automatically updates and is pretty cool. Goodluck.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:33 am

If you are planning on staying with CellSouth, I think good advice has been given above. If you want the best phone ever made, go with AT&T and get an iPhone. Apple makes the best computer products around, period. The iPhone is no different. It may be the best product of any type I have ever purchased.
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:22 am

cootkiller
Veteran

Postby cootkiller » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Yeah i got the touch iPod and love it. But at&t does not have great coverage in my area. Cell south is the main one around here

I would hold back on the Ipad. The 3Gs Ipad wont be out until 6 months after the regular iPad comes out.
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Just got a blackberry tour 9630 today. As of now I have no idea what the heck i am doing but I think i will like it when i get used to it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”