Just a speculation

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dok84
Regular

Just a speculation

Postby dok84 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:24 am

What do you think? With the low number of birds killed this year what do you think the population will be like for next year. I sure as hell hope it sky rockets and next year will be one for the record books. But who doesnt want that, I am just trying to give myself something to look forward to for next year, since this season was such a bust.
You have to do what you love to do, not get stuck in that comfort zone of a regular job. Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it
Scully
Veteran

Re: Just a speculation

Postby Scully » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:51 am

Can not argue with that- sounds good as any reason to be optimistic. I do not pay much attention to bird count numbers and preditions- I am going to hunt as many times as possible during the days given us.
He said" The sheriff is near"
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:12 am

I had that exact thought the other day. If the biologists' predictions about high duck number this year are right (big IF), there oughta be plenty of breeding pairs this Spring. The poor season seems to be a theme all across the Southeast.

For 2010 I'm hoping for an early Spring, a dry harvest season, and a colddd Nove & Dec. And end to the ethanol craze would be nice too.
Never assume.
merlebo05
Duck South Addict

Postby merlebo05 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:24 pm

From what I have been hearing they wore them out in OK/TX, not wanting to be debbie downer but just saying????? :?
GordonGekko
Duck South Addict

Postby GordonGekko » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:52 pm

"In God we trust, all others pay cash."

Noli nothis permittere te terere.

Press Alt+F4 to ignore my posts
duckamateur
Veteran

Postby duckamateur » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:50 pm

Just wondering where you got your "low numbers" from. We definately did not see low numbers. One of the best years in the past 10. Which is what we base our numbers on.
"Don't put your tongue in high until you get your brain started." Jack Miner
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:18 pm

i play golf now
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
dok84
Regular

Postby dok84 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:57 pm

From what I have heard lately it seems to me that the flyway was more west of the Mississippi this year then the past few. I dont know this was my first season hunting in Mississippi and I hunted pretty much all season and I was very disappointed in the number of birds I saw all year. But there is always next season hopefully.

Well maybe I will see some of you guys this summer but for now I am off back to Michigan.
You have to do what you love to do, not get stuck in that comfort zone of a regular job. Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it
Faithful Retrievers
Duck South Addict

Postby Faithful Retrievers » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Speculation is the whole duck number deal in general. Its a hoax, if they report low numbers then where are all your DU dollars going? They pay them for a good hatch number. :P
http://www.grizzlyjig.com
"Better to have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion Forum”