Gorilla Lock On??

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Kealhofer
Veteran

Gorilla Lock On??

Postby Kealhofer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm

I was thinking about buying the lock on they make with the foot rest and arm rest Pro Series HX. Not the lounger but the other one. What do yall think? also what climbing sticks I know I want the ones that come in small sections and do not have to go straight up the tree. There are just some places that I want to hunt that don't have any trees that I can climb.
Do you eat duck meat?
Bigpoppa
Duck South Addict

Re: Gorilla Lock On??

Postby Bigpoppa » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Tdog and I have that stand you speak of. Excellent once you get it on the tree. Hard to hang but comfortable. As for sticks we have about 20 sets of the straight up 16 to 20 foot. I hate the short section sticks that you are talking about . i am a big dude and they will shift no matter what you do. That gorilla stand turned out to be a good one but dont know that I would have paid new price for it. I got mine brand new from a buddy at about a third of the price because he was in a bind and his ol lady is a hag! Good stand though.
The poster formerly known as Xpress
Kealhofer
Veteran

Postby Kealhofer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:04 pm

is there one better that you would suggest?
Do you eat duck meat?
tdog
Veteran

Postby tdog » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 am

Like hanging a Volkswagon on a tree but it sits good. Millieum lock on is the way to go, you can have mulitple set ups with one lock on.
Ain't nothin' gonna stop me now but my innate inability to progress conganacious
thunk.
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:36 am

+1 on the Millenium, I buy a hanger with every set of laddes I buy. THat way, all you do is climb with the stand on your right shoulder. Get to the top, bring it over your shoulder, into the reciever, bang, your good to go.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
Liv2hunt75
Regular

Postby Liv2hunt75 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 pm

Big Game
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Bubba I aint sure which lock on your talking about but I got a little tool at the house that will make hanging it a cinch. As far as sticks go I have two different kind, skeeter wilson sticks that have a jam up chain tighting design that will not move I garantee, but the sticks aren't cheap especially since I usually use 25 to 30' of stick per lock on. The other sets I have are strong built which are very good sticks for the money. Stop buy the house and I will let you borrow my lock on hanging tool. I have two big lockon's that use to be a pain to hang, a strong built sling seat and a skeeter wilson and now with this little pulley Ed built for me it aint no problem hanging a big stand.
Peewee

Return to “General Discussion Forum”