Cabelas ultimate layout blind

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
khines2
Regular

Cabelas ultimate layout blind

Postby khines2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Thinking about getting one of these. Any of yall used them? what do you think? any better suggestions than this one?
Roach
Duck South Addict

Re: Cabelas ultimate layout blind

Postby Roach » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Got one and love it. held up well until I ran over it with my 4wheeler. Still using it with a little duck tape modifications inside.
khines2
Regular

Postby khines2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 pm

how about setting it up? how easy is it?
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:29 am

I like it I used it last year with a bunch of finishers. We had a guy with us who was about 375 and he just couldn't fit in the finishers too well. However he fit in my Cabela's blind and was fairly comfortable. I would buy it again.
GAHEEL83
Veteran

Postby GAHEEL83 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:41 am

i bought 2 of 'em last year at the suggestion of several people on this board and i have been well pleased

i am one of the most mechanically challenged people you will ever meet and I can set it up in a dark rice field
Last edited by GAHEEL83 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaustin
Veteran

Postby kaustin » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:03 am

I love mine. Sets up easy if you do not break down all the way. If you have to pack it in, it takes a little longer to set up but still not bad. Does not fold up as small as my ground force, but is actually lighter if I have to use the neo tub with ground force. The biggest benefit that the Cabelas has is the built in waterproof. With the others you will need a neo tub to hunt in water over an inch or two. I like both of mine. Last year I hunted out of the cabelas more because of room. Dog can fit in at feet with cabellas or beside you. Ground force I have to put dog outside of blind due to room. You will be happy with the Ultimate. Whatever you buy MUD THE CRAP OUT OF IT. I mean coat it entirely with mud, let it dry, and do it again. If this is done, then you can gather whatever is in field you are hunting and add for camo. Will vanish. The Cabelas seemed a little more shiny out of the box vs the ground force but both look good after mudding.
HR Timbercreek's Lot O Kipper
HR Timbercreek's Top JakeBee SH
Pintail's Flight of Tinkerbelle
http://www.vrbo.com/118409
quackalot
Veteran

Postby quackalot » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:43 am

I really like mine, real comfortable, easy to put up and take down. I will be buying another one, just for a extra.
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:45 am

got 2 and love em!!!!!! Screw the avery I will never lay in another one of thiers. Now its like a big wind sail to pack in where the avery is smaller, but to each is own I guess
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
Sbroadus
Veteran

Postby Sbroadus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:05 pm

I have one and really pleased with it. I just fold up the end of it put it on my four wheeler and off I go or can put it on your back and carry it. It is definately light enough and roomy enough.
Take 'em
Veteran

Postby Take 'em » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:26 pm

the guys in our camp are looking at getting these this year. anyone know someone at cabelas that would be willing to knock a little off a order of 5 or 6 of them? not trying to be cheap or anything but i know some of the guys on here might know some people and any help would be appreciated
"When the season is over and you have $11.97 in your bank account you know you did 'er as hard as you could." -Kelley Powers
"Here comes 5 singles flying together!" -Dustin Anderson
khines2
Regular

Postby khines2 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:40 pm

thanks for the help guys, i have used a finisher for past two seasons. it is a pain to set up and is already falling apart i will definitely never buy another one of those

Return to “General Discussion Forum”