? about elec carts/buggies

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

? about elec carts/buggies

Postby duckkiller » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Any of yall use electric golf carts/buggies? I been thinking about getting one of them (used) since I already have 2 four wheelers. Any pros and cons about them, and anyone know where I could buy a good used cart?
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
Odis
Veteran

Re: ? about elec carts/buggies

Postby Odis » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:02 am

I've got a bad boy buggy. Everybody moans and groans about them and I have had a problem with the charger but other than that it has served me pretty well (this is my third year to have it). It will do what it is advertised to do, or at least mine has. Water is an issue, they don't take to that very well at all but they are quiet and great way to get kids to a stand. You have to make sure all battery connections are tight and check the water in the batterries, always an issue. One of our favorite ways to use them is to hunt hogs, you can slip right up on a pig in one if the wind is right. They are also pretty handy turkey hunting as well, you can get to a bird faster than walking and if it warm, don't have to worry about no shoulders till you actually get out and hunt. It might let me down the next time I use it but so far so good. My other buddies have 2-wd club cars that are lifted with mud tires and bigger motors. They will not pull the mud like a four wheeler but they are not supposed to, set up like that they will get through a little mud, water no deeper than the floor boards. I try to stay away from the water completely if possible. The main thing I like is the quietness, you can really slip up on stuff that on a four wheeler I don't think you would have ever seen. We hunt a swamp so there are not a lot of hills to climb and we do have really good roads, the club cars don't seem to have a problem with the hills. Also, you can't get in a big hurry on one, they're not that fast, again, they're not supposed to be. I had me, my son and three 150 lb pigs in the back of mine and it walked out with no trouble.
Bigpoppa
Duck South Addict

Postby Bigpoppa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:15 am

Run outa juice one time in the middle of nowhere and you'll wish you had a gas powered ride! my 2 cents. At least you can get gas back to your ride if it runs out.
The poster formerly known as Xpress
hrharris

Postby hrharris » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:50 am

I have 2 that are 2wd... and its perfect for where i hunt. But you do have to make sure the connections are good and they are getting a full charge.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”