trophy/man rooms?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
champcaller
Duck South Addict

trophy/man rooms?

Postby champcaller » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:30 pm

lets see some pictures of yalls trophy/man rooms. the main thing im lookin forward to about havin my own house is a trophy room to build a collction of mounts and pictures. i want a turkey gobblin on the limb and the rest will be duck mounts with a bunch of framed pictures, but until then i will have to live vicariously through people that actually have them :P

i know the waterfower has the most incredible trophy house, lierally, that i have ever seen and maybe he will post some pics (even though the pictures dont do it justice)

just thought id see if we can get pics up to help pass the time before duck season...

tj
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
lipsplitter39654
Duck South Addict

Re: trophy/man rooms?

Postby lipsplitter39654 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:53 pm

marry the right woman and make your entire house a trophy room... I have stuff scattered all over the place, my wife doesnt mind the ducks but no deer, so they are laying around in our junk room. I will definitely add a huge trophy room when we build.
"Life is tough, life is even tougher if you're stupid" John Wayne

"Forgive and forget; but always remember." Jack Miner
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:04 pm

man room = please may I have my nutts back
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:23 am

We have lived in our home for about two years now. My wife came to me last week and said you know with the 30' cieling in our living area I think an elk mount would look beautiful above our fireplace. I said I do to!! I am in love all over again. My room is a work in process, really not great for pictures, but I'll take a picture later on and put it up here. I have redone the room with pecke cypress (I love woodworking), and am in the process of putting a bar and bigger TV up there with a foosball table.
the doctor
Duck South Addict

Postby the doctor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 am

dont have one and prolly wont ever, dont see the point really

also never really saw the point in a ton of mounts either, although I will admit the Waterfowlers trophy room is something to behold

the doc
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:11 am

Foosball is the devil!
BeastMaster
Duck South Addict

Postby BeastMaster » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:48 am

Doc, i feel your pain.. If and when you do kill a banded duck and have intentions of mounting it with great memories of hunts with your friends, make sure its not with Caller1.. If so, you'll just end up with the bird and no band, which sorta negates the whole idea.

Oh yeah. Stop using my towels!! We bought the red ones for you..Your wife has told you repeatedly.
And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground-everything that has the breath of life in it, they will be your food.
the doctor
Duck South Addict

Postby the doctor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:12 am

bad deal for you that day...double banded ross goose would have been the perfect mount, I can still see that yellow neck band against that stark white

instead all you got was a story...just like Mac does last year on that Miner band Caller1 five fingered

bet it still hurts his soul, he didnt speak up on the reward band Chandler killed

oh an could you get some new magazines for the bathroom?

the doc
BeastMaster
Duck South Addict

Postby BeastMaster » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:26 am

His decision to GIVE away a double band, for whatever reason it was, definitely caused him to feel he could TAKE my band. The funny part was when he tried to justify by saying "Its the oldest rule in the books, the guide gets all the bands, ask Randy" so i told randy about it.. Randy said on buddy hunts, there are no guides.. He would never try to claim a band from his buddy. Randy was rather pissed when he heard the news

I quit getting magazines sent to your house b/c they had my name on the back.. I guess i can buy a few PB from up town.. Whats your flavor?

The milk has gone bad too. Pick up a gallon on your way home.
Last edited by BeastMaster on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground-everything that has the breath of life in it, they will be your food.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:26 am

I went into OUR 'man' room this morning.......as usual, it had 2 clothes-drying racks in it. I'm not compalining......it usually has 3.......and I have to move them around when I need to get to something in there.

That's alright - she has 2 clothes-drying racks in her 'woman' room. Sharing the space is onlly fair.

My deer head remains on the floor - 'fraid if I hang it on the wall, it'll end-up with bath towels or sheets on it. :wink: Gotta do what you can do reduce energy consumption, ya know......we'll spend the money we save on gas to Saskatchewan. That's getting your priorities straight and well-worth the compromise. :mrgreen:
patrickfarms
Regular

Postby patrickfarms » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 am

I live vicariously through Myself :lol:
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:33 am

Hey Clark! The crapper's full!
Where'd who go?
The Waterfowler
Veteran

Postby The Waterfowler » Tue May 05, 2009 10:02 am

I've got a seperate house to keep mine in that my loving wife gave me. Was originally called a guest house, but I quickly changed that. All my hunting stuff, man toys, gun safe, etc. are kept there She has no input in the decor or accoutriments therein, which works out well. I even paneled over the windows and she never flinched.

Helping ducks have a bad day since 1961.

http://www.getducks.com
www.thewaterfowlerjournal.com
We hunt the World!
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 am

I wish I had the money in just the mounts in that room.
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Tue May 05, 2009 1:48 pm

when you get done with my bird, I will be more excited about coming up to see that room than to pick it up. That is insane man. anyone ever done a big story on you for DU or DW? seems like to me that would be a great cover story.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”