Topwater "equipment"

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Topwater "equipment"

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:05 pm

Ok, I know that we've all got at least one piece of gear that is considered 'topwater'. And many of us have spent a lot of money on gadgets and gizmos in trying to get ducks (If you say that you haven't, then we all know that you are lying.) Add to that the duck hunting 'gifts' that we have received, and you have quite an assortment of stuff in our pile of gear.

My question is this. What is one piece of gear that you actually use which is, or should be, truly considered 'topwater'?

To be fair, I'll start it off. I have a neoprene shell belt that has a storage pocket and 'D' rings. This takes the place of just putting a box of shells in the pocket of my parka.
Nobody owes you anything.
H20fowlkiller
Duck South Addict

Re: Topwater "equipment"

Postby H20fowlkiller » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:14 pm

i have the wader shell clip on thingy i love it keeps my shells up high enough not to get wet and kept my snuff dry when i dipped
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:24 pm

I hunted over a robovortexblackbeauty robo this weekend. Shot loads of ducks and loved it. :lol:
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:28 pm

confidence decoys
richard b evers
Duck South Addict

Postby richard b evers » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Semper Fi
AKA - Hollywood
GordonGekko
Duck South Addict

Postby GordonGekko » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Acrylic calls....
"In God we trust, all others pay cash."

Noli nothis permittere te terere.

Press Alt+F4 to ignore my posts
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Why is it that anything new that someone tries to use to enhance their chance to kill ducks, is considered "Topwater equipment"?
Example the dreaded "robo duck". I know I'm about to stir up some stinky s#!% with this, but it really pizzes me off that the duck hunting elites on this site that hunt over flooded rice, beans, corn etc. complain and whine about some poor fella that has

to fight for every duck he kills in a back water slough, because he uses a robo duck or any other new gadget or innovation that comes on the market. Why is it such a sin for people to try to improve their chances at killing ducks or seeing ducks for that matter by using some new contraption that some "obvious hunter" came out with and is trying to make a buck off of, because it worked for him/her? Is it such a sin for someone to come out with something innovative, or to come out with better looking decoys or better calls, or gear that makes life more comfortable in your hunting spot? Just a question. I'm sure I'll get bombed by the elitists over this one, but it doesn't make sense to me for people to make fun of someone or call them a lesser hunter than they are, just because they see something that comes out new and they want to try it out to see if it will help.

And before I get bombed about the robo's, I own 2 of them. I have used them in the past. At times they have helped, and
other times they have not. I have not used them in a few years now, because they are too much hassle to carry in and out.
I don't have the luxury of riding a 4 wheeler or gator or boat up to my hunting spot and getting in the blind and turning on the coffee pot. I, like most other poor man hunters, have to pack in everything for long distances. That's the only reason I choose
not to carry mojo's anymore. Not for fear of someone thinking that I can't kill a duck without one, because I promise you, I will match my skills with anyone of the elitists on here.

Just an observation....let the onslaught begin.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:09 pm

thinkin about gettin one of those quiver magnet things :oops: anybody got one/ do they do anything?
Where'd who go?
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:10 pm

So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:11 pm

So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:14 pm

jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:18 pm

Fireplug, there are several decafinated brands of coffee out on the market that taste amazingly like the real thing. You may wish to try some.

Now, back on topic, I didn't say using something that is considered 'topwater' is bad. We all have some. I just wanted to know what different kinds of 'topwater' gear is used by members of this forum.
Nobody owes you anything.
QUACKERS
Duck South Addict

Postby QUACKERS » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:21 pm

confidence decoy!!! ha ha

I had a Blue heron decoy about 7 years ago don't know what happen to it but I must say he was a PIMP he attracted many white herons and other breeds that looked to have making love on there mind :lol:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.
Deadeye
Duck South Addict

Postby Deadeye » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:21 pm

White clorox jugs in my decoy spread.

Dead
I ain't a veternarian, but I know a horses booty when I see one!
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”