Topwater "equipment"

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Re: Topwater "equipment"

Postby novacaine » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Clarification on my previous post:
I lost my old faithful Yentzen years ago and it broke my heart. I had always planned on either getting it bronzed,made into a lamp or even having a parade to some way show it admiration, reverence, and respect. I guess all that is down the tubes now. :( Well all is not lost, I still have 2 homemade calls from the early 60's with metal reeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any old timers remember them?
By the way, I still keep a pair of redball waders as old reliable backups that I will be using this weekend because that new crap I bought 3 yrs ago has sprung several leaks.
Where can I find a Yentzen? I need to show my 15 yr old some old school mallard luv talk!!!!!!!
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
Roach
Duck South Addict

Postby Roach » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:43 pm

crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:49 pm

When it come's to duck calling and duck killing its the indian not the arrow!
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks crackhead. Thought they were a thing of the past.Glad to know there are still classics around
goosebruce
Duck South Addict

Postby goosebruce » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm

hehe, yeah I always felt about heaters... if its too cold, your too old. Kids change your mind on that stuff, but not sure I buy the cold dog thingy. hehe.

got me an avery thermos too. dunno how long it will keep coffee warm, but when I opened mine last week the coffee was cold and moldy. So apprently it wont keep it warm for 10 months. 3 days of bleach and 2 trips thru the dishwasher, it was ready to roll. I took the stopper apart wrong, and it was an act of congress to push it back together. I did. 2 hunts into it, I picked it up by the cup (that of course wasnt screwed on by one of my kids) and it feel and broke the stopper. So I need a stopper, wonder if they sell just the stopper like thermos brand used to? Thermos are cool. They keep hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold. But how does it know? Theres no cold to hot switch. Just kinda cool.

blind bags are a fine line by themselves. But the biggest blind bag is better than any retracktable cord to keep your stuff together like a kids mittens. Blind bags need to be mudded and blooded, much like a layout blind, before ever showing up to hunt with a group. A new blind bag is just basically saying you got some good stuff in there, and if Im going to 'borrow' some shells or a choke, Im going to the newest blind bag.

I NEVER ever carry extra socks or toliet paper. I feel the people around me who know and love me, should know I wont have that stuff, so they do in case anyone needs it. There is charmin in the truck, at all times. I bring my own charmin into most hotels, and all portapotties.

Oh, I forgot the latest and greatest topwater peice ofd equipement. those lites that clamp on your hat. Dont care HOW freggin handy they are... no way would I wear one. I dont belive in flashlites of any style. (one of those things, I cant keep up with them, i refuse to buy batteries, and if I can get by without one, everyone else ought to). but a clipy lite on yur hat.... no way. travis
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:08 pm

Ankle garters.

Fold your pants legs over and slide your foot in, Nancy. :lol:
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:38 pm

wader pants w/stirrups.
Hey bubba, your looking real sexy at the duck camp lately.
That's just gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hencutter
Veteran

Postby hencutter » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:43 pm

mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm

There ain't nothing wrong with my feeding call shaker thingy! :x
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
tica-tica
Veteran

Postby tica-tica » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:16 am

goosebruce
Duck South Addict

Postby goosebruce » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:33 am

someone gave me some stir-up wader pants... wif the hit me beat me do me macks curly q logo on them. Wore em one time, didnt feel right cutting heads wearing pjs. Ankle gators are cool, but this year we started duk taping. Bought some hip boots that are soft, and you gotta have a belt on to keep them up (which is cool in jeans, but not coveralls). Wearing a belt on the outside of coveralls is well, forrest gumpish. So I just started duk taping the tops to my coveralls, and ducktaping my pants legs. travis
farmerc83
Duck South Addict

Postby farmerc83 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:45 am

The two loudest sounds in the world are a BANG when you expect a CLICK and a CLICK when you expect a BANG.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 am

Its nothing but a pissin match anyway as everyone wants to out do the other guy on either expense, newness or old school attitude.
farmerc83-It's all in good fun!!!!!! I personally will try any gadget,widget,or clothing that i think will work or is given to me. I will bet some of the old school attitude is a carryover from broke school. At least that is where mine originates from. With 3 young-uns in private, most years I have to limit myself to just one new hunting item a season. Maybe by the time the young-un move on I will get back around to buying 2 new pair of longhandles and retire the 30 yr old pair I am still using!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:07 am

When it come's to duck calling and duck killing its the indian not the arrow!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”