want you ropinion-for security on planes?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Black_Dawg
Veteran

Postby Black_Dawg » Wed Sep 19, 2001 9:24 pm

I haven't been here since last week when benny pissed in my wheaties. good job MR.Walker he needed to go!
A survey here today asked would you feel safer on a plane if the piolet were armed-I forget the exact numbers but 77% said they would feel better if piolets were armed!I have only been on a plane 2 times and that was last month-what do you think would be a great way for aircraft more safe? piolets with guns and the same doors that armored trucks have is what i think! so just something i would like feedback on!
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Sep 20, 2001 7:34 am

I dont know, as long as they planned for this attack how could you be sure that they dont go get their license and then go to work for the airline. Then you would have a case where you just gave it too them.
I am headed back to Newark, NJ next week. I told my wife if my plane out of Newark gets hijacked she can rest assure that peewee is going down fighting. I aint just gonna be huddled into the back of the plane.

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: peewee ]
RobertM
Veteran

Postby RobertM » Thu Sep 20, 2001 8:56 am

I saw a poll on CNN asking if we would support more government intervention in our lives if it meant more security against terrorism. I voted no, here is my reasoning. I full support government intervention in airports and public buildings and such as that. That would make security much tighter than these private companies. I wouldn't mind being searched before I get on a plan, the tighter security, the better. The way I percieved the question was government affecting my life. Being searched to get on a plane wouldnt affect my life or bother me at all. I voted no because once the threat of terrorism has died down and the liberals are back to attacking our rights of gun ownership, The less intervention of government with our honest American citizens, the better off we all are. Right now we have a great president. But it could have been the other candidate, and we would be in bad shape.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Sep 20, 2001 9:13 am

Good Answer
stonekold
Regular

Postby stonekold » Thu Sep 20, 2001 3:26 pm

I don't fly so I won't vote. Yes there should be tighter security at airports. I wonder how the membership drive for the militia's going? Anybody seen a rise in that?
catfishbill
Regular

Postby catfishbill » Thu Sep 20, 2001 10:44 pm

I'm an aircraft mech and as far as putting armor doors to the cockpit,you would get into a weight issue maybe kevlar or something like that.as for pilots having guns,i would have to say they need alot of training,shooting a gun in the cabin at altitude then you have a problem.i like the air marshall idea myself
BayRat

Postby BayRat » Fri Sep 21, 2001 4:01 am

I feel like the pilots should have a different entrance than the passengers.Make the cockpit secluded from the rest of the plane.
dos gris
Veteran

Postby dos gris » Fri Sep 21, 2001 6:34 am

Armed pilots and re-enforced cockpit doors won't make a difference to armed terrorists. They can always threaten to kill someone onboard. You need something like a special button the pilot can press that can not be overridden that puts the plane on auto pilot when trouble starts. Or something along these lines.

[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: dos gris ]
crow
Duck South Addict

Postby crow » Fri Sep 21, 2001 6:58 am

Lock the door; if the plane is at altitude, depressurize the cabin. Everybody's out like a light. Then take the sucker down; go back there and kill the sob's! If the plane is not up to altitude yet, depressurize; take the plane up fast; everybody's out like a light. Then take the plane down; go back there and kill the sob's. I can't emphasize the last step enough!
Unkljohn
Duck South Addict

Postby Unkljohn » Fri Sep 21, 2001 12:24 pm

Crow, I like your thinking!!!
JT
hemingway
Regular

Postby hemingway » Fri Sep 21, 2001 4:39 pm

Air marshalls...undercover or uniform wearing, i kinda lean toward undercover.
Also no entrance into cabin...closed doors and different entry.
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Fri Sep 21, 2001 6:24 pm

Fly single...or maybe take your dog if you must have company.

Wingman

Return to “General Discussion Forum”