Making Lemonaide

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
tupe
Veteran
Location: MS/LA/IL/WI/ND and anywhere else I can get to. Born in MS.

Making Lemonaide

Postby tupe » Thu May 01, 2008 8:40 am

Well I have been AWOL from this, and most other web sites for a while, but I am starting to dip my toes back in the virtual waters, so to speak.

Going through a rather unpleasant divorce and had a big shake out in my life last fall. But on the bright side, I am back down south.

Through all this it seems I have landed in a pretty good place. I am now living outside of Monroe, managing a little over 1,000 acres of waterfowling paradise. I now live and work on Pin Oak Mallards Duck Club.

It was a jam-up duck season for us over on this side of the river. I worked my tail off but I can't complain, my pup and I had a great season. With guiding members and conservation season included she piced up just over 450 birds in her first real season.

Spring is giving me fits, trying to get some management in place around here. Between weather and equipment breakdowns it seems all my plans are stretching out and taking a bit longer than I want. But that's the nature of the beast I suppose?

Right now I am working hard to get a handle on water hyacynth and othe raquatic and sub-aquatics that have been undermanaged here, and its an every day job for now. Between that and just getting the base line general maintinance going its still a ton of work, but I am enjoying it. Plus, the owners are going to pay for me to finishmy degree in wildlife biology.

Its good to be back down near home, but I would stil rather be on the other side of the river. (Even though the duck hunting around here is unbelievable!)

Well I am sure I will be around here a bunch more now. Good to see all my old internet cohorts still keeping things hopping around here.

Tupe
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Re: Making Lemonaide

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Thu May 01, 2008 8:54 am

Welcome home
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated

Return to “General Discussion Forum”