Planning weekend trip? Go get your gas today or....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Sep 11, 2001 2:26 pm

plan to pay around $3/gallon. All the gas suppliers have cut off the gas to the stores. I'd say go and get it before 5PM because that is the time that this gas price hike is going up.
gwall
Veteran

Postby gwall » Tue Sep 11, 2001 5:13 pm

i noticed the gas stations were packed today and i couldn't figure it out - probably a big fat rumor - don't add to the panic unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are talking about
Boykin
Veteran

Postby Boykin » Tue Sep 11, 2001 5:20 pm

The rumor about gas prices is BS. They have announced over the radio & TV that there should not be a large jump in price a couple of cents maybe. If you see station with inflated prices you can call the AG and report it.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Sep 11, 2001 5:31 pm

This is what I do know. The gas stores have run out of gas in starkville cuz they can't order any more gas because the major gas suppliers have cut it off. The Louisiana gas pipeline has been cutoff, know it for a fact. The major gas supplier in Columbus, Newman Oil, has shutdown for the time being, and will not ship gasoline to any stores.
Bobby Williams
Veteran

Postby Bobby Williams » Tue Sep 11, 2001 5:53 pm

It is just another way for the rich to get richer. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
coonass

Postby coonass » Tue Sep 11, 2001 6:11 pm

It's only going to go up 10 cents!
BPT
Veteran

Postby BPT » Tue Sep 11, 2001 7:40 pm

10 cents my booty. I got gas at 3oclock today and about 3 hours later it had gone from 1.35 to 1.70. The gas over in Arkansas is 5dollars agallon at some stations. Good thing the gov. put a stop to the risin prices.
gwall
Veteran

Postby gwall » Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:11 pm

anybody taking advantage of this tragic situation should be strung up by the gonads-i'll find out in the AM when i go fill up
RN989
Regular

Postby RN989 » Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:48 pm

Gh22,
Boy I don't know where you get your info from but the are no shortages of gas anywhere. If there are they are not related to the attacks today..and have no affects on gas prices here or anywhere..It's idiots like yourself that are gung ho on posting something that are causing people to get ripped off...Next time keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you are saying is actually true.....quit spreading false **** on the internet.....
Love RN989
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Tue Sep 11, 2001 9:00 pm

RN989, you can just kiss my booty. I talked to a buddy of mine in Arkansas, gas is anywhere from $3-5/gallon, same in Tennessee, and some places in Mississippi it is up to $2.20 gallon. In a terrorist attack, all trading is cut off with foreign countries, especially the gas and oil. They have cut back on the supply of gasoline just in case we decide to nuke the middle east and then were are on our own using the emergency gasoline supply. My dad works in the oil and gas refineries in Louisiana, and they have shutdown all production. Now what smartazz remark you have now. I know of only a few gas stores in Starkville that have gas, the rest of them have covered the pumps. And they do not know when they will be able to order some more gas.
dos gris
Veteran

Postby dos gris » Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:26 am

GH22 read this:

``To be raising prices frenetically in this atmosphere makes the entire situation more difficult,'' he said. ``The last thing the American public needs to think about right now is that they need to be racing out to load up on fuel.''

In Washington, the American Petroleum Institute, the industry trade group, issued a statement reassuring motorists that there is no threat of a fuel shortage.

``Fuels are flowing normally to wholesale and retail markets throughout the United States,'' said the API, adding that gasoline and diesel fuel inventories ``are adequate to meet demand.''

``Refinery production remains strong,'' said the trade group.
Unkljohn
Duck South Addict

Postby Unkljohn » Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:04 am

Most of the stations around Shuqualak have sold out of gasoline but only because of the rumours of exorbitant prices coming. The AG's office is requesting that consumers please let them know of any price gouging that is going on and they will be prosecuted for this!!! I did hear this AM that gas in the Columbus,OH area was up to $7.00 per gallon. I think that would qualify as gouging!!! The people responsible should get jail time and HUGE fines.

JT [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
featherduster
Veteran

Postby featherduster » Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:17 am

GH22 I don't know you but I think you are missing the point. Its kind of like getting what you ask for!! For example, I work in the construction industry, and usually when people are tired of a paticular job, rumors of layoffs start and soon enough bam you are unemployed. If people react to these fuel rumors and run to the pumps, surely some low life store owners will raise prices. If we carry on as usual though, it will pass and life goes normally.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:27 am

I talked with my landlord (who owns a gas station) yesterday as I heard these rumors and he said it was a bunch of crap. The last he had heard from Mr. Waring was that his price may raise 15 to 20 cents. Thats surely not 5.00/gallon.
By the GreenHead22, thats Mr. Waring Oil, in Vicksburg, where Central Ms gets supplied with gas.
CaptnT
Veteran

Postby CaptnT » Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:11 am

I filled up just acroos the border in TN this morning for $1.32 gal. This will have reprecussions thoughout the world economy for sure, but will be absorbed in due time like everything else.

G22, calm down son. Those are those Starkville Schisters trying to cheat the little man. (as ususal)

Try and find those gas stores where the Arabs are running/own it. Give them the evil eye and ask "how much is MY gas?"

Return to “General Discussion Forum”