This is my take on this election

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
River Hunter
Veteran

This is my take on this election

Postby River Hunter » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:00 pm

I believe that the republican party even though the shape of the economy and the war ect....... has a great chance of putting McCain in the White House.

1. I do not think America is ready for a woman president
2. I also do not think America is ready for an African American president.

What do you think

You aint been hunting till you been river huntin
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Re: This is my take on this election

Postby champcaller » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:14 pm

were f'd three ways (literally) to sunday :lol:

im jk.. i like john sometimes... he was my pick at first but then changed my mind.

i think he can beat clinton but not obama....

just my .02
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:49 pm

To me its not the fact that he is black but rather he took his oath of office on the koran, and he doesn't believe in the American Flag.
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
Bullreds & Greenheads
Veteran

Postby Bullreds & Greenheads » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Obama did NOT take his oath of office on a Koran!!!!

I don't like Obama either, but don't hate him because of a lie.

I not only predict that J.M. will beat Obama, I predict he will beat the HELL out of Obama, because as we get closer to the election, the vast majority of Americans will quickly tire of the never-ending charges of racism that the Obama camp will hurl everytime McCain challenges him on the ISSUES of running a country.

I know that many people hate Bush, and to show their hatred of Bush, many are supporting Obama. But as we get closer to the election, many will finally realize that Bush isn't running again, and will finally get serious about choosing a national leader.

I can understand the anger many people have for Republicans right now. The Republicans have no one to blame but themselves. When they were the minority party in Congress, they talked about how they were for small government and reducing spending. However, when they took power, they quickly pitched that "crap" out the window and started spending OUR money like drunken sailors. I have a certain amount of respect for Bush for sticking to his guns on some issues, but he is damn sure nowhere close to being a Ronald Reagan Conservative.

How I wish there was a true conservative candidate with humor and charisma that we could trust - a man that would do what he said he would do, and with a good sense of right and wrong. A man that could inspire the nation like Reagan did.

Oh well. I guess those Presidents come around maybe once or twice in a lifetime.

And I don't see anyone like that on the political horizon.
Duckdawg10
Duck South Addict

Postby Duckdawg10 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:31 pm

duckkiller-that is false__I dont like him but both those statements were internet rumors.
Duckdawg10
Duck South Addict

Postby Duckdawg10 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:32 pm

Bullreds-I hope you are correct, BUT :!: :!: I think the media will protect him as they have up to this point. There are a lot of foolish people out there that believe everything they see on tv. Hopefully, the media will not be 100% biased.
Bullreds & Greenheads
Veteran

Postby Bullreds & Greenheads » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:12 pm

Screw the media.

Polls of members of the news media over the last 20-30 years have been remarkably consistent in that they show that over 85% of the members of the media consider themselves "liberals."

Republicans and conservatives need to know (and teach their children) that the media is never going to give us an even break. If a conservative and a liberal are guilty of the same crime - put the story of the Republican on page one and pump up how bad his actions were; at the same time, bury the story of the Democrat on page 14 and minimize his actions. I'm not advocating that the Republican get away with his crime, I'm just saying that the media ought to treat them the same. And facts are, they just don't.

Reagan was able to combat the press because of his skills as a speaker. If the press was hammering him, he would address the people directly through the television with a press conference or a national address. Bush does not have that ability to counter the media, therefore the liberal press has absolutely hammered him for 6.5 years without rebuke.

People have got to learn to filter the facts from the opinions when it comes to "news" stories. Everyone has their biases - you, me, the members of the media. Good reporters do their best (or should) to keep their biases out of the story. Unfortunately, too many people in journalism are "crusaders" that use their position to push some $#!+ agenda, facts be damned.
Scully
Veteran

Postby Scully » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:24 am

More and more I feel like I am voting against candidates instead of for a candidate....a lessor of the evils kinda thing.
He said" The sheriff is near"
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:34 am

You're gonna have 2 choices....Obama and Ophray Winfrey or McCain and Haley Barber... :shock: :roll: :lol:
Drakeshead
Duck South Addict

Postby Drakeshead » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:04 am

It would not surprise me if McCain doesn't pick Rudy Giuliani.

There are many Democrats that do not want a Republican back in office, but no matter who you elect, neither will be a true Republican.

With this being said, I think there is a small chance that McCain can beat Barack Hussein Obama, but not so sure about Hillary Clinton. I say this thinking that McCain can appeal to white Democrats who are not ready to elect a black racist.

Hillary Clinton removed Gerldine Ferraro from her postition within the Clinton election committee, yet Barack Hussein Obama's preacher is constantly making racial remarks yet Barack Hussein Obama has yet to remove him as his "spiritual advisor" and has yet to distance himself from Louis Farrakhan.

I posted up portions of a January sermon over on the other thread last night.
Last edited by Drakeshead on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:09 am

MAybe they are, thank you all for clearing that up for me. But is he not Muslim? I just cant see myself supporting a man to run our Country that doesnt believe in God when this country was founded on God
jar0023
Veteran

Postby jar0023 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:33 am

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:45 am

Look dude I'm asking a freaking question I dont have time to go to 8 different websites to see if what my roommates told me is true so I got on here and asked. Forgivce me for trying to give a damn
Bankermane
Duck South Addict

Postby Bankermane » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:46 am

Rudy sucks.
"Being white ain't all its cracked up to be"

"Fighting on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics...Even if you win, you're still retarded"...
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:04 am

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”