Dent's Landing at Albarmarle sold, Chotard may be next

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
BR549
Duck South Addict

Re: Dent's Landing at Albarmarle sold, Chotard may be next

Postby BR549 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:14 am

Hey Rob, I agree with you but what's that got to do with someone buying up all the access? I mean no one to my knowledge is even worried about that. It's the exsisting access points we have now that are in jepordy. If you can't get into it then they have essentially locked the lake up haven't they? Only issue I know of on property underwater down there was the issue with Tara. But these folks that have come in here now even bought part of Tara. They are looking to buy it all and shut it down! They have made offers to everyone up and down the lakes. Don't know what's going to happen yet, but they ain't gettin my piece!
SoftCall
Duck South Addict

Postby SoftCall » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:42 am

I see a BR549 Bait Shop, Landing and Honky Tonk in the cards :wink:
run me out in the cold rain and snow
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:50 am

There would be an easy way for the state to fix this problem. Simply use the power of emminent domain to take (at fair market value) sufficient property along the lake to create a "public" boat ramp and landing area. It would totally be within the power of the state of MS to do this, if necessary. And it would thwart any Dr. Evilesque plans by any of the landowners to "lock the lake up" for themselves. Anyone spending mucho time, energy and big money on such a plan to keep the public away from this public lake is a DUMBASS.

Actually, the state should do this on every oxbow lake in the state of MS of sufficient size, to the extent a public ramp and access is not already present. That would be a good, easy way to help reclaim much of the lost or difficult to access public waters within the state of MS.

This would help the state sell more fishing and hunting licenses, raising even more money for the state of MS. And user fees at such ramps could be assessed to help the state recoup the costs of the emminent domain taking and the boat ramp/landing construction.

At a time when public waters and hunting lands seem to be dwindling, and demand for such increasing, these would be highly cost effective measures to improve the quality of life in MS, to continue to foster our state's fishing and hunting heritage with all of our citizens, and to boost state revenues needed for wildlife conservation and expansion of resources.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:03 am

And by the way, to the extent public access to any public body of water in MS requires driving for any length on a MS River levee, then the state legislature should pass a law requiring and clearly establishing the public right to use such levee road. A local levee board should not be used by GOBs to prevent public access to public waters and lands. The levee board receives our tax dollars, and DOES have to answer to the MS legislature. It is not an autonomous, private GOB club. Time to give it a spanking and send it to the corner for timeout for clear abuse of its power.
Last edited by Po Monkey Lounger on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BR549
Duck South Addict

!

Postby BR549 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 am

SoftCall
Duck South Addict

Postby SoftCall » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 am

EXACTLY! The newly acquired Dent's Landing would be the perfect place for the state to set up shop. It appears that the fair market value for the property would be less than what was actually paid for it. That would send a message a leave a mark.
run me out in the cold rain and snow
BR549
Duck South Addict

Postby BR549 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:31 am

Nah, Jerry's place would be the place to do it. Don't think it will ever happen though! But you never know though. Jerry's is the only private entity along thru there with improvements already in place. Laney's is owned by I believe Anderson Tully (not sure) and chotard lake estates is kind of a subdivision like Chillville up in Albermarle. Everyone knows the state and ATCO don't get along when it comes to property issuses. They would love nothing more than to have it privatized! This is what worries me
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:37 am

I would also add that this presents a unique opportunity for a landowner along this oxbow lake, who does not need the money from the sale of land sufficient to create such a public ramp and landing area, to DONATE said land to the state of MS for this purpose, and get a very nice tax deduction as part of the deal. The landing could be named after this person, or after whoever the donor chooses (may want to honor a father, grandfather, mother, etc. ).
BR549
Duck South Addict

Postby BR549 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:44 am

You right Po Monk, but I don't think there is a private ownership like that up and down both lakes cept maybe in the lower end of Albermarle.
HDC
Veteran

Postby HDC » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:49 am

I happen to know of a guy who owns property on the lake and is very upset about the idea that the public may no longer be able to use it. He is always concerned about the public good and because of that he would be the ideal person to donate his land to the state for the public good. We could call the landing the BR549-Kudzu Landing and let all Levee Board Members, COE employees and dredge operators use the landing for no fee. :mrgreen:
BR549
Duck South Addict

Postby BR549 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:51 am

You know what? You are just a plain ole A**

HDC = A**hole
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:02 am

mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:21 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
BR549
Duck South Addict

Postby BR549 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Oh! I don't pay him any attention anymore! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”