Avery boat Blind (parts) question

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Avery boat Blind (parts) question

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:12 pm

Does anyone know where the brackets that Avery uses to mount the blind to the boat come from. If thats a part that can be picked up in a hardware store. And also, is it available in larger sizes.

I finally found detailed info on a mud buddy grass blind. I'm pretty sure that I can dismantle my Avery Blind/reassemble in a new configuration that will work well with this grass.

My problem is that I need two more bracket, just like the one that comes with the Avery blind, but taller. This will allow for a "deeper" offset from the transom.

So if anyone knows what other application these might be used in, and where I can find them locally. I would appreciate it.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:50 pm

Or maybe just a "T" shaped bracket. That would probably work too. Just needs to be 4 inches tall. That might be something that I can pick up at a hardware store, unless anyone has any other ideas.

Thanks.
bullsprig
Veteran

Postby bullsprig » Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:49 pm

boat works in jackson, ms is going out of business and they are selling all war eagle parts at cost. i was in there yesterday and they had some avery blind brackets....try them!!!
why worry when you can panic!
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:27 pm

can you get their phone number and post it plz. thx
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:38 pm

Boatworks - 601-853-1007.
SoftCall
Duck South Addict

Postby SoftCall » Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:12 pm

Wildfowler - you can have the original Avery Wood prototype brackets off of the "blast from the past". It's on the trailer beside my house...come and get em.
run me out in the cold rain and snow
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:34 am

I ended up taking a piece of 3/16" scrap aluminum plate, cut it and ground it myself. Then took it to a welder and had a "t-bracket" welded together. I re-used a broken "Dura-Craft type seat base. ( I'm glad I'm such a pack rat )

A little ruff and not cut to precision, but it'll do to secure the Avery brackets to my transom.

If anyone is interested.
wngrog
Regular

Postby wngrog » Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:26 pm

Why don't you just call Allan and have him send you a pair?
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:54 pm

Because smarta$$, I don't want the exact same size bracket, I wanted something similar, but taller. You're brother in law must have put you up to that because he called me about a week ago laughing and said the same thing. :wink: :wink:

I have no idea if these brackets are a unique piece that was custom made for Avery by the aluminum company, or if it's really a piece of hardware that's available in other sizes that Avery is selling with their blind. Not being a capenter or mechanic, I don't really know what other types of parts are available for use in other applications. But thanks for the suggestion.

Besides, Allen is too busy this time of the year to be troubled with me. I'm not going to bother him about this. This is just a stupid request.

Say that reminds me.. Do you want to duck hunt any this year Grog? You are welcome to go with me anytime and on very short notice. We could go camp out again Thanksgiving weekend if you want to. Call me sometime.
wngrog
Regular

Postby wngrog » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:06 pm

My life is completely upside down at the moment.

I am watching the district in New Orleans, I have an interview, Julie is interviewing, my kid has the $#!+, I have been in NYC all week, my Cruiser is broken, I have a PEICE OF $#!+ Cruiser in my backyard that my neighbors are PISSED about that i have to strip this weekend and on top of all of that, I had to fire some $#!+ rep and now I have to go down and check her out before she fawks something else up :wink:

I will worry about ducks when I can shoot them in the lips, not a minute earlier.

I will try to call you when I can, I am going to Vaiden the weekend of the 23rd to sit in a tree and read for 3 days, so if you can come by and catch up on your way to or from Duck preparation, I would love to see you.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:08 pm

I'll take you up on that, thanks.
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:16 pm

WNGrog, would you please explain WHY you would bother to come all the way to Mississippi to get bored out of your skull on a deer stand, when you could instead go duck hunting on opening weekend?
SoftCall
Duck South Addict

Postby SoftCall » Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:14 pm

Hambone - we have lost him. Please place his picture on the wall of remembrance.
run me out in the cold rain and snow
wngrog
Regular

Postby wngrog » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:51 pm

Hambone, Softcall and Wildfowler...kiss my booty!
:D

This is the only thing that I can do to keep the heat off of me from having to move back to fawking Mississippi :roll:

At least I will get caught up on my reading. :wink:
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:15 pm

Grog, I'm going to go scout Malmaison this week. If I find anything good, be prepared to be drug up there to duck hunt with me next weekend. Your folks will understand.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”