Another Music Review...Blueground Undergrass

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Super Black Eagle
Duck South Addict

Another Music Review...Blueground Undergrass

Postby Super Black Eagle » Tue May 01, 2007 12:26 pm

More music…

A buddy of mine came in town from Denver a couple of weeks ago, and we were out at Barley’s, in the Old City of Knoxville, I was having a Dead Guy or something similar (they have the largest beer selection in East TN I think) and the band setting up their gear.

So, we stuck around for the first set, and then the second…I just couldn’t pull myself away. The next thing I knew it was 2 or 3 in the a.m. and I had bought a couple of cd’s from the merch table and a handful of brews from the bartendress.

I thought I would share, the music not the brews (but if you make it to Knox holler), here on this hodgepodge of randomness.

Blueground Undergrass.

It was just incredible. Psychedelic Hick-Hop Bluegrass.
They covered some stuff you’ve heard of (Dublin Blues, Wichita Lineman, Oh Death, etc), some stuff you haven’t (Potter’s Wheel, Clinch Mountain Backstep, Black Muddy River) and a ton of originals (Mr. Lunchbox, African Hillbilly, Faces)

They were a lot of fun. Some of you Panic (and other jam band) folks might recognize a couple of names…

Reverend Jeff Mosier - (his brother recorded a bunch of stuff on their first album)
David Blackmon
Mathew Williams
Matt Cowley
Francisco Fattoruso

If y’all get a chance, or they come through your area, go check them out…
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it." - DBT
"I am good at what I do, and I take great pride. But I don't make much money, so I sell eggs and chickens on the side." - WSP
Woodduckdawg
Duck South Addict

Postby Woodduckdawg » Tue May 01, 2007 5:51 pm

T2D2
Regular

Postby T2D2 » Wed May 02, 2007 8:38 am

What albums you recommend starting with? I love me some David Blackmon from the Sit-N-Ski days of WSP. I never really listened to much Blueground Undergrass, but have heard them live a few times. Just never picked any of thier stuff up. I am currently enjoying some Old Crow, though. Thanks for the tip and album advice.
Super Black Eagle
Duck South Addict

Postby Super Black Eagle » Wed May 02, 2007 9:05 am

"If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it." - DBT
"I am good at what I do, and I take great pride. But I don't make much money, so I sell eggs and chickens on the side." - WSP
crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Wed May 02, 2007 1:20 pm

Thanks for the new tune suggestion, just burned a live cd off of archive!!
When it come's to duck calling and duck killing its the indian not the arrow!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”