Favorite Camo Pattern (Need Help)

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
ScottS
Veteran

Postby ScottS » Wed Aug 22, 2001 4:12 pm

GC,

I guess Toxey had too many hunting trips, and with two TV programs to produce he couldn't part with a little extra money. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] I don't blame him, but I wish MO had a better relationship with DU.

Scott
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Wed Aug 22, 2001 4:28 pm

Dixie Boy, good luck with your pattern development. Let me know if you need me to test it for you. Yes, I'm serious! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I like most of the MO patterns, but for duck hunting we are partial to 'Bottomland'. I think it was a mistake to discontinue it but when you own several patterns (like Break-up and Shadowgrass) that sell well, and you don't make Bottomland anymore, you kinda control the market.

I've always thought 'Wetlands' was too 'bright', which may do well on sunny days, but on cloudy days, I've seen ducks flare from it.

Again, Best of luck! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Bobby Williams
Veteran

Postby Bobby Williams » Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:01 pm

Where is your company going to be located in the U.S. or some furn country like most of the rest. I am tired of seeing plants close in the United States. But I guess if the people in the U.S. don't want to work the companies have to go somewhere. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:20 pm

My favorite all time was mossy oak treestand, they got carried away with all these new patterns, and discontinued treestand...heck i can't keep up with the new ones. I have a 2 or 3 treestand shirts that are still my favorite for duck hunting, and i have had good luck with break up bowhunting. but all the new ones shadow branch, forest floor etc i guess i don't get out much or something, because i aint heard of them. mossy oak is getting like the weather here in memphis...if you don't like it wait just a short while it'll change soon. i may sound like i'm dogging MO, but i ain't...i wouldn't wear anything else, but they need to step back and listen to the consumers...i have heard countless complaints about them doing away with treestand.
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby Delta Duck » Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:29 pm

For clothes you just can't beat BREAK-UP.
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:34 pm

Mossy Oak anything.
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Wed Aug 22, 2001 11:58 pm

For timber hunting, I like the original MO bottomland the best, but it is now hard to find. Best alternativs are MO shadowbranch and MO breakup.

For field and marsh hunting, I like MO shadowgrass.

The great thing about MO patterns is that they almost all have MO bottomland as the base pattern, upon which all the other stuff is overlaid (ie sticks,leaves, branches,shadows, etc.). Thus, you can mix and match most of the MO patterns.

With respect to duck hunting, all the other patterns, IMO, are second rate.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Thu Aug 23, 2001 8:53 am

i like to mix my camo. shirt and pants of different style.... seems to give a better hide... mostly because i don't own two of the same kind.. Mossy Oak has the best...

judge jb
RN989
Regular

Postby RN989 » Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:00 am

You can still get the Bottomland pattern at the MO outlet...real good prices on it too last time I checked..I have a columbia quad in the bottomland that's about 10 years old now and that was a good combo wish they still made them like that... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Junior P
Veteran

Postby Junior P » Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:50 pm

A little known pattern called Trueblend!
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:02 pm

Ashton Springs Company has come up with a idea of mix matching the MO camo using mesh clothing with zippers on the arms and pants.

They got Toxey's o.k. to do it which I am very surprised to see.

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: Greenhead22 ]
SkippyJ
Duck South Addict

Postby SkippyJ » Thu Aug 23, 2001 8:16 pm

LIke Anatidae said: BOTTOM LAND BOTTOM LAND BOTTOM LAND!!!!!!!!!! Still have my original Columbia parka in it.
duckhuntalot
Veteran

Postby duckhuntalot » Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:44 pm

MO Breakup!
chance
Duck South Addict

Postby chance » Fri Aug 24, 2001 3:33 am

GooseBrce favorite camo is Arkie gumbo.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Fri Aug 24, 2001 4:18 pm

Breakup and Shadowgrass hands down. Shadowleaf works well for mid to late turkey season. It's good to see so many people from the motherland support a hometown, home grown company like MO. I have a friend who swears by NatGear but I think he looks like a moldy turd. Does anyone use antiUV detergent on their camo?

Cabela's and Columbia make some outstanding hunting appearal. I'm also partial to waxed cotton (McAlisters or Filson) It is a bit more costly but you just can't tear it up.

"Cut 'em"

Return to “General Discussion Forum”