Today's 'Sportsman's Spokespersons

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Today's 'Sportsman's Spokespersons

Postby Anatidae » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:14 pm

Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:19 pm

Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:29 pm

MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:06 pm

"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
GordonGekko
Duck South Addict

Postby GordonGekko » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:13 pm

"In God we trust, all others pay cash."

Noli nothis permittere te terere.

Press Alt+F4 to ignore my posts
cajun squealer
Duck South Addict

Postby cajun squealer » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:52 pm

Real men shoot from the hip. 8) :lol:
Blackwater
Veteran
Location: from Clinton but now where the blacktop ends, Edwards, Ms--- AKA Big Worm

Postby Blackwater » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:04 am

GOOOOO Dawgs, Sic Em........

"Life is too short for a half rack of ribs"--- Mike Mills
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:25 am

Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
Duck Nawteek
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Nawteek » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:35 am

SHOOTER UP!!!!!
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:09 am

Yeah, these shows are tolerable as long as you can watch the game animals in their natural environment.

In hunting - the hunt is over when you pull the trigger. Then the work starts.

In hunting shows - the show is over (as far as I'm concerned) when they pull the trigger, or otherwise cause the animal to run-off.

It amazes me that the producers of these 'ME'-flicks don't realize how stupid it is to have someone showing their excitement by shouting and pumping their fist, giving high fives, and holding hands and hugging each other........and then giveng a verbal account of what you just saw........all in a whisper, as to NOT disturb anything else that might be coming to the bait. They certainly go to great pains not to educate the game to fear humans, don' they?

If hunting is ever outlawed, you can make a list of those responsible, by going back to these film clips of these people. It's one thing to tell a hunting story among friends, but it's another thing to film the struggle. I equate it to televised be-headings. Something dies - the killer delights in the process to the point of appearing in the visual documentation and taking credit for the suffering........there's something fundamentally wrong with that, and I won't subscribe to it..............and I damn sure won't buy any of the crap that these mucks are peddling.

I go back to Jack O'Connor (and the likes) - these guys set the standard - I'm still trying to uphold it in my own hunting experiences and practices........but not in a whispered voice on camera.

Hunting shows don't show any 'skills'.....or 'hunting' tactics. They show people. I don't go hunting to watch or listen to people go-on about themselves, trying to convince me they know what they're doing.

'Talk' is not a hunting skill - it's a promotion. That's what the shows are about. Some do a better job of promoting the right things - Like DU and other conservation and hunting heritage preservation-minded organizations. Others are selling something or promoting themselves and their businesses.

It's an insult to my intelligence (what little I am blessed with). The only reason I watch at all (until the BS starts - or they play the same commercial every 5 minutes), is I might get to see an animal do something neat - in their natural environment. Otherwise, I'd just go to the zoo.

Sometimes, it's entertaining to see how ridiculous these folks are, making an assumtion that the viewing public doesn't know any better. It just emphasizes their arrogance - trying to peddle bull$#!+.

I hope the sponsors go belly-up! They're degrading our heritage and making us all look like 'killers' and idiots. It's always the WRONG message and it's going to ruin the way folks percieve hunters (if it hasn't, already done so).
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:45 am

JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:54 am

olemissduckhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby olemissduckhunter » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:26 am

Pete Hotard

"T.J, Do you enjoy your manhood being called into question every five minutes?" -Teul2

Return to “General Discussion Forum”