"Heads or Tales SuperHunt '07"

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
gator
Duck South Sponsor

"Heads or Tales SuperHunt '07"

Postby gator » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:41 pm

It started when I was a 9th grader or so, and really, it's never far from my heart -- the Heads or Tales Hunting Team. Just something stupid a bunch of highschoolers did cuz there wasn't anything else to do. Strange thing is, on the porch of the camp at night, sitting there listening to the crackle of the wet wood on the fire, we revert back to "our heritage". Stories are dug up, faces are made red, laughter is heard, and for a moment, however brief, the outside world is but a faint stinch on what is ours....................SuperHunt weekend.

This bird met his match by way of a well-aimed bow shot, gathered on film by msducks own "peewee". SuperHunt weekend is an all-out assult on Jeff Davis county birds by a motley crew of friends. Unfortunately, I was in another part of the county for the mornings hunt but the laughter we shared at "buff magic's" run to the bird he shot is enough for me.

One day, I'm gonna sit down and collect my thoughts on some paper about my younger days and the friends that helped shape who I am. I should be a "hum-dinger".

Until then, I'll savor the sweet smell of yellow jasmine on a spring morn'n and cuss the unholy snoring of "Skillet Shivers".

To those that were there and post here, and those that lurk, it was another fun weekend.

-gator
HRCH Eight Gauge - Gauge (see you on the bridge buddy)
HRCH Eight Gauge's Mountain Man - Trapper
turkeyman
Duck South Addict

Postby turkeyman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:12 pm

GATOR is that Mr. Polk there with you.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:19 pm

That is Polky. He laid the smack down on that old bird at 7:20 Sat. morning with his bow. They had been chasing this old racal for at least 3 years. He met his demise when his girlfriend came in to the lynch fool proof box call- B-mobile combo. :D

I will never forget this hunt or this season.
Peewee
turkeyman
Duck South Addict

Postby turkeyman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:38 pm

thats one fine fellow. he used to be in our deer camp. you cant meet a better outdoorsman.
gator
Duck South Sponsor

Postby gator » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:46 am

HRCH Eight Gauge - Gauge (see you on the bridge buddy)
HRCH Eight Gauge's Mountain Man - Trapper

Return to “General Discussion Forum”