My side of the Story

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
QUACKERS
Duck South Addict

My side of the Story

Postby QUACKERS » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:08 am

3/23/07 Me, My son, and Chopper "aka Snoop" went to my honey hole in Pelahatchie imissedtheturkey Ms. Arrived at 6:00 and at first light had made our way to the split and waited. After a short wait had three birds gobbling so to a clover/rye field we went set up our hen decoy and waited a few minutes, very soon the culprit was firing off again while Chopper was purring,putting,yelping and farting Once the bird hit the ground it was maybe 20 minutes until he showed his head and my heart was off to the races, the tom cautiously scanned the field and gobbled three more times then proceeded carelessly to what was supposed to be his final destination. At 7:20 am Mr gobbler stopped 25 yards out and chopper did as planned try to cut at the tom for one last gobble for the video camera... well needless to say the cut did not work out and the bird went from 0-22 miles per hour somewhat like Carl Lewis in a track meet. My delay had bit me in the booty so before the bird took flight and Chopper as well I took a desperation shot only to knock some pretty feathers out and watch my first gobbler fly away and no he did not fly away to turkey heaven. We searched the woods for roughly thirty minutes with NO luck :cry: Tears are hitting my keyboard so I better quit now but I am sure for those who know Dumbum you have are will here all about my mishap aka poorshooting :lol:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:27 am

Should not have shot and went back in a day or so. You can bet he is well educated now.
chopper30
Duck South Addict

Postby chopper30 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:33 am

RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:47 am

Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....
QUACKERS
Duck South Addict

Postby QUACKERS » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:21 pm

If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.
waterfowlwidowmaker
Duck South Addict

Postby waterfowlwidowmaker » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:22 pm

dukbum
Duck South Addict

Postby dukbum » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:35 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”