Guys, take a minute and look at this

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
feedcall
Duck South Addict

Guys, take a minute and look at this

Postby feedcall » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:00 pm

http://home.attbi.com/~sept11

I still can't believe that happened here.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:36 pm

very touching...... i arrived there on Sept. 15 and it brings all the memories back... thanks for the clip....

judge jb
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:32 pm

I still say just go over there and just make that whole region of the world a place that is no more. You never hear of Germans pulling off terrorist acts like that or Norwegians, or Russians, or Chinese, or any African country. NO, only these raghead camel jockey mother f*ckers. Just go over there and blow the whole damn region of the world up. They have proven for hundreds and hundreds of years that they simply can't live in peace no matter what. Just eradicate them from existance.
feedcall
Duck South Addict

Postby feedcall » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:39 pm

DD, seeing all that again puts you in touch with your anger quickly. It did for me. It makes me mad as hell, and you are right, for hundreds of years that part of the world has been at war. They know no other way.
steel shot
Veteran

Postby steel shot » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:48 pm

It gives me chills to watch that and infuriates me at the same time..
To think of all the innocent people that has suffered because of it!!!!!
As judge said Very touching!!

ss
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:01 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
DuckyDan
Veteran

Postby DuckyDan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:29 am

Strange how much that makes you think. I haven't seen all of that since last year. Kinda makes you appreciate how lucky those of us down here are. I just can't believe someone would do that in the name of God. What kind of God would want that done? Those people don't know anything about God. I know everyone has their own beliefs, but I know that the REAL GOD isn't like that and that he will make sure those guys get what they deserve! Anyone up for taking a trip to Afghanistan? We'll load up the deer rifles and clean house.......[/u]
comeback
Regular

Postby comeback » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:17 am

thanks for that,feedcall. very touching. very infuriating.
now,how did i miss that one?
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:57 am

Thank you so much for posting this. I'll admit that I have become numb to the situation with my day to day life. It's all too easy to take the things we have in life for granted. I needed to see this to reflect on how thankful I am to live in this GREAT country of ours.

My only wish is that everyone will take a moment to reflect on the situation and to thank God for their many blessings in life.

God Bless America!!
SoftCall
Duck South Addict

Postby SoftCall » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:57 pm

Feedcall - thank you for the post.

I'll never work again on 9/11. Today was a day to remember all of the innocent people who lost their lives. It was also a day to give thanks for all that we have. Every one of those people woke up on the AM of 9/11, had their coffee, kissed their family, and went to work ready for another day of what they thought would be a normal day. The “road warriors” boarded their early AM flights because they “had” to get from one place to another so they could continue their busy lives. We are all guilty of it…never taking time to slow down…never taking time to appreciate the wonderful things that we have…taking too many things for granted.

I was guilty of it too. I had boarded a flight to Quebec City, Quebec, Canada the previous afternoon. I was too busy to give my wife the details of my travels. I had to get to that trade show to sell more “widgets” so I could gain status in the world of the status gainers. When the attacks took place, my family had no idea where I was. We couldn’t get through on the phone because the circuits were flooded. We finally connected and all was well. After a few minutes of being on the phone with my wife, we both watched the second tower collapse on CNN – over 1000 miles apart. My co-workers and I elected to rent a van and drive back to Jackson shortly after that. 28 hours later, we were reunited with our families.

My friends and co-workers in Garden City and Uniondale, NY out on Long Island weren’t so lucky. They lost family members, friends and neighbors.

The next time you are worried about your checking account balance, your job, that sales meeting that conflicts with a family event, or the stupid argument that you and your wife had the night before…remember that the important things in life supercede the daily noise that distracts you from what is important.

Love God
Love your family
Love your Country
Love your neighbor – of any origin

AND never forget 9/11 – It’s a hard reminder for us to focus on what really counts.

With that being said, the hunt for these cowardly bastards should continue until this world has been cleansed of their condemned souls. GOD BLESS AMERICA!
run me out in the cold rain and snow
feedcall
Duck South Addict

Postby feedcall » Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:01 am

Duck Nawteek
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Nawteek » Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:25 pm

Well I've been out of the loop here lately because of nursing school. Let me tell ya. That clip just bring chills to my spine. We should never forget what happened to the people who lost their lives that day that just got up and went to work. I'm also in the Military and have a real good friend of mine that is on a Seal team that is in Afganistan. Let me tell ya. I know he has unleashed a good ole southern ass whoopin on those rag heads over there. I wish I could tell yall what he has really done over there but it might offend someone but I know a lot of yall would love to shake the man's hand if yall knew exactly what he has done to some of those Taliban. Believe me when I say that he and his team have and are still delivering justice over there :twisted: Softcall that was a great post. Thanks for posting it.
SHOOTER UP!!!!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”