trolling motor help

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Sandy Creek
Veteran

trolling motor help

Postby Sandy Creek » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:18 pm

duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:15 pm

Life is to short to only fish on weekends
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:00 pm

Here's one but gonna have lotta slack and stowing on the road might not work out. http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... RCHRESULTS
After you figure out your bracket a couple of things you might wanta do.
Remove the cap of your troller and pull pin/bolt and turn the head 180deg so your handle will point back and prop look back.
Also remember the transom type troller is gonna have a big gap that you might have to shim some with your riser.
You might wanta get a lil' Big Foot switch and mount somewhere so you can on and off with the foot and just move your direction not having to turn the handle on/off all the time.
You might wanta mount your transducer on the troller foot with a big hose clamp.
Here's a pic of mine on my pram duck boat, might get some ideas even though it's sqaure ended.

Notice the shims of plywood b/c my riser is an aluminum angle welded to another angle bolted to the 1" pipe boat rail...
This is the stowed position and stays on even under the duck blind.
Mine is set up for huntin and fishin so if you're just huntin disregard this junk...Hope this helps some...
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:38 pm

thats the one I had but I like a foot controlled tm better so when I bought my new boat I upgraded
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
matt.courtney7
Veteran

Postby matt.courtney7 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:33 pm

"If I am going to continue to shoot your limit of ducks for you, as well as my own, then i will be forced to request some monetary compensation for shells, wear-and-tear on my dog, boat and gun, as well as lunch to keep me in good shooting form."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”