nuttin illigal

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
D1
Duck South Addict

nuttin illigal

Postby D1 » Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:39 pm

Not that i want to do anything wrong,but just wondering how long after I use baits (corn or weat) on a field or edge of a pond ,do I have to wait before I can hunt hunt it?
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:01 pm

Is it 10 days? I was wondering the same thing. For example...next year I would like to bait up some doves all summer to kinda get em coming to an area that I know for a fact is an excellent roost area. Gravel roads surrounding it on 3 sides, well manicured grass (via cattle grazing) about 20 acres of water, and lots of mature oaks scattered around in little 1 to 3 acre lots, and about a 300 acre pine plantation on one side (probably 15 yr old trees). I feel like if I can get them to this area in large numbers they will discover the excellent roost opportunities that abound and stick around for the big show (Sept. 1). I could probably quit a month or so before season and have the birds hang around without a problem, but I wouldn't want to be illegal. :?:
Cache
Regular

Postby Cache » Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:33 pm

Link for Dove:

Click Here

Link for Waterfowl:

Click Here

Cache
Ducks fear me
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:36 am

if you are interested in supplemental feeding for wildlife year around i suggest a moultrie feeder that will feed twice a day... it is not illegal to feed wildlife, but you can not hunt over bait... all grain or feed must be gone 10 days prior to hunting.... alot of people including Ms. bioligist are against supplemental feeding because of fear of spreading disease amond deer herds... such as CWD in states like michigan and Pennsylvania.. i get alot of enjoyment watching my feeder... Songbirds, squirrels, coons and the curious deer and turkey and alots of doves... deer and turkey have plenty of natural vegitation to browse on in warm season and don't tend to use the feeder as much as other game.... quail and doves and other small game love the buffet..... they will fatten up and hold your resident doves for early season hunts....

judge jb

Return to “General Discussion Forum”