Hunting Operation... Need some help!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
RB
Regular

Hunting Operation... Need some help!

Postby RB » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:35 pm

Okay guys... I've just been approached by a friend that might be interested in purchasing a hunting operation (Deer, Ducks and Turkeys) in the south. I explained to him that the prime areas would be along the Mississippi River North or South of the Vicksburg line. I would be looking for a place to incorporate a pay to hunt operation similar to Tara or Giles Island. What I need is some input about who might have some land for sale in the appropiate area. This is a serious request guys. I know that Tara sold a place a while back but the opportunity was not there then. Any help or leads would be appreciated.
It's not a passion, it's a sickness!!! I don't want a cure!!!!
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:51 pm

Go to the M.O. website and click-on Mossy Oak Properties. There was a tract of around 10Kac for sale. I couldn't quite scrape-up the $10million price tag. 'Would be the type of place you're talking about, though. I only expect a free 'charter' membership as referral fee.
RB
Regular

Postby RB » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:16 pm

Anat... we'll see what we can work out.. but the MO Properties website is under construction...Got any ideas where the land you mentioned is located at?
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:27 pm

On the Mississippi River, near V'burg....but I don't recall the exact location........'been a while back. Maybe a couple o' Ben Franklins would jog my memory. 'Damn nice piece o' ground, though. Ducks, deer, turkeys......etc.

Maybe if I run into Toxey, I'll remember to ask him about it......(that'll be another 2 'bills') hehehe.
RB
Regular

Postby RB » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:53 am

Anat... I might need some guides if you think you can fill the bill. You good enough to get'em in close enough to see the whites of their eyes?
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:50 pm

No, Thanks.
SwampMan
Veteran

Postby SwampMan » Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:45 pm

Hey RB,

I'm your guy, tired of working for a living, been looking for a way to hunt for a living and it looks like I just found my calling. I have been known to call 'em in close, close enough to where all you need is a net, not a shotgun. Good luck with your purchase, hope you find what you want. Remember the little guys!
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:25 pm

( I'm sorry.....lemme re-phrase that last (lame) reply, RB.....just so you'll know how I really feel.) I was merely giving you the benefit of doubt and trying to be nice. But the more I thought of it.........

Let's see........I give you a tip on 10Kac of prime hunting land and you gonna let me come WORK for you? That's a damn insult. :shock:

That ain't my gig, man........I enjoy hunting with my wife and a few friends, and if you haven't figured-it-out yet, I can count'em on one hand......and it's NOT because there's anything wrong with ME......it's 'cause the folks I generally DON'T get along with are those that just wanna GET WHAT THEY CAN outa everything and everybody they come in contact with......and expect folks to jump thru their ass at the chance to sniff their BUTTS! :?

In other words.......I don't think I'd be good for 'business'. :shock:

But, hey........you had no way of knowing, so I don't hold that against you.
RB
Regular

Postby RB » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:49 am

Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:28 pm

Hey, you're the one danglin' carrots in front of everybody........don't tell me you're not lookin' to get something in return.

Fact is, you didn't know about the property until I told you.......website or not. I didin't EXPECT anything from you.......but I sure as hell didn't expect to have a damn carrot dangled in my face.....'fooled you.......I hate carrots.

That obviously didn't set well with you......so you gonna 'get even' by attacking my carroter, huh? :shock:
RB
Regular

Postby RB » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:05 am

Last edited by RB on Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blacklab101
Veteran

Postby blacklab101 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:19 am

wait...wait....NOW!!!!!!!!
RB
Regular

Postby RB » Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:31 pm

Thanks for all the emails and pm's... I'll let you guys know what comes out of this.

Thanks again.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”