A question that arises at every dove field....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deadeye
Duck South Addict

A question that arises at every dove field....

Postby Deadeye » Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:29 am

Do you have to have a hunting license to hunt on your own land? Everybody always seem to chime in on this one with their thoughts. Just wondering if SB or anyone else that knows what the actual law states would answer.

I attended one of those classic shoots on Monday morning. You know the one, you just randomly pick out a spot and it turns out to be the best in the field. I was shooting doves in self defense and had my limit before 7:30am. It was great.

deadeye
I ain't a veternarian, but I know a horses booty when I see one!
dentalduck

Postby dentalduck » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:15 am

i've read the law to say that if your name is on the deed to the land then you do not have to have a liscense to hunt that parcel of land. go to the miss. dept. of wildlife and fisheries website (i think it's mdwfp.com) for clarification.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:21 am

judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:12 am

Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:36 pm

If I am not mistaken I believe you must be a mississippi resident as well.
Big Lou
Veteran

Postby Big Lou » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:08 am

Hey Deadeye how did Grits do? Hunter had 42 birds under his belt by Monday afternoon, bear only had 12 under his. He is still try to figure out the shot from the handler thing?
Deadeye
Duck South Addict

Postby Deadeye » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:11 am

Lou, Grits did great! He made me so proud for his first hunt. He was fired up when everyone started shooting. He marked them great and hurried back with them. He picked up 30-40 on monday morning and 15 monday afternoon. I can't tell you how proud I was. Everyone in the field complimented me on how Grits worked. The only thing that we have to correct is breaking. He broke alot but his drive was incredible.

Sounds like Hunter and Bear had a food time as well. We didn't have any birds in our field, they left. There were plenty of birds there 2 weekends ago and they just left. We are going to work in the field this weekend to try to salvage the last weekend. I'll call you and let you know if we have any birds.

Deadeye
I ain't a veternarian, but I know a horses booty when I see one!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”