Needs some help if it falls through (lease)

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Duck Nawteek
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Nawteek » Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:11 am

Guys I tell ya this has been one of the most stressfull two weeks in my life. The guy that sub-leases us the duckhunting rights to our hole got out bid the other day. He got over bid by 3.50 so the lease automatically went up so now we have to pay any extra 350 a person than last year. So we all got to talking about it and some of the guys said that it was'nt worth the the extra couple hundred bucks. Let me remind you that this is by far still one of the cheapest duckholes in the state. I can wake up at my house and be in the blind in 20 minutes. You don't need a 4wheeler either to get to it. Most of the time you don't even need a truck. Now last year when a lot of people heard how many ducks we were killing and how much fun we were having, they were damn near beating my door down to go. I think some of our members took this for granted and think that paying an extra 200 is outrageous. So I told them to look in the paper and call on all the duck leases and let me know what they were going for. The cheapest was 3500 A PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!. I told them I rest my case. Now about the lease we still get a chance to match the other bid. The problem is that we lost about 4 slots and the people that we have asked to get in the lease with us are kinda wishy washy and don't know if they can come up with 675.00 that's right folks that's all it cost a person. Now before I have about 10,000 e-mails. We have a full house. But if someone says at the last minute they can't get in, I'm gonna need some help with who ever wants in. In other words I don't want to loose our lease to the other guy. We found out who the other guy was and he wants to guide hunts on this place so that tells you how good this place is. So if by wed. of next week we need someone I'll let yall know and its the first one who can get me a check the quickest before next saturday. I hope Micha don't delete this post, but I just need yalls help if this falls through and Ive been on this board for about a year now and like the regular people and think it would be fun to hunt with some of yall. So I will keep yall posted on what's going on and feel free to e-mail me anyway. Thanks [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Duck Nawteek
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Nawteek » Sat Aug 11, 2001 10:27 pm

BUMP!!!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Sun Aug 12, 2001 12:23 am

Can you give a county or sumpin? I just glanced over your post but how many guys total will be in on this? How many "holes" to hunt on this place? Pits? Sloughs? Big levees guaranteed water and timber? Any goofy ass rules like; Can't hunt on a Wednesday if it's raining.

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: booger ]
Duck Nawteek
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Nawteek » Sun Aug 12, 2001 5:17 am

Hey booger don't have any goofy rules. There is a total of 10 guys. We have about a 50 acre watershed lake thats near the big black in madison county. Most of the members will hunt on the weekends. We do want to limit guys bringing guest on the weekend though just because we don't want to be crowded. I'm gonna post a definite how many slots that we need by wed. of this coming week. Now we don't want anymore than 10 guys. I'm still a little scared about 3 or 4 out of these 10. So I will let everyone know. E-mail me with some numbers that I can reach you.
Duck Nawteek
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Nawteek » Sun Aug 12, 2001 5:20 am

Oh by the way it's got water on it all year. But we don't have any pits just natural cover like fallen over trees and brush piles on the edge of the lake.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Mon Aug 13, 2001 7:48 pm

DuckNawteek just posting to let you know I'll have to pass on this deal. I'll just have to jockey for position at the public ramp. Good luck though.
laduck
Veteran

Postby laduck » Mon Aug 13, 2001 8:12 pm

I will e-mail you for some information. Always looking for something new and different (if it becomes available).

Shoot them sprigs on their first pass!
Duck Nawteek
Duck South Addict

Postby Duck Nawteek » Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:58 am

Hey fellas just wanted to let everyone know that we still have the lease. I guess everyone decided to get in at the last minute.But I want to let everyone who e-mailed me thank you and I'll will give yall a call when the season starts to invite some of yall for a hunt. Thanks again guys who e-mailed me and don't forget about it next year. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Fri Aug 17, 2001 8:27 am

Duck Nawteek I am glad to hear you got to keep your lease. I hate to see home town boys get shafted out of hunting land. A tip for next season though, if yall kill alot of ducks tell your members to keep their mouth shut, it may help the lease stay at a reasonable amount. As you know the word about good duck holes gets around pretty fast.

Good Luck
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Sat Aug 18, 2001 8:08 pm

Glad your lease came through. Hope you do well this year.
GC

Return to “General Discussion Forum”