Working a a Duck hunting show

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
FnW man
Veteran

Postby FnW man » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:16 am

Just hope you got DEEP pockets. $10,000.00 out-of-pocket the first year, and you won't make a penny profit the 1st two years (at least) :shock:.
"When the last tree has been cut and the last river has dryed up and the last wildlife has vanished we will finally realize that we can not eat money".
JJ McGuire
Veteran

Postby JJ McGuire » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:35 am

JJ

Never ask a man what kind of dog he has. If he has a Lab he'll tell you, if he does not you don't want to shame him by asking.
Dingy
Veteran

Postby Dingy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:21 am

A map or diagram showing the layout of the hole and surrounding area, where the decoys are placed in the hole, which direction the birds are coming from, and how the birds are working the spread.
Dingy- The persecuted Out Of Stater
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:56 am

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
Had Enuf
Veteran

Postby Had Enuf » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:38 am

ducman77
Duck South Addict

Postby ducman77 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:04 am

I would show a bunch of hunting. Show what you brought in the blind bag to make this hunt happin. Show the decoy spread and why you placed it where you did. Tell about the wind direction. Tell them about the camo you are wearing (Drake) camo is the best. That way you are telling about your sponsors will you are hunting. Then at the end of the show give the sponsors about 25 seconds each address and where you can get the products.
shoot'm in the lips
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:49 am

I think you just go out there and be yourself......if people like it they'll buy it......if they don't , then you'll join the long list of folks that attempted the same thing.

The thing that turns me off to hunting shows is when they appear to be scripted and folks aren't being themselves and doing what they enjoy. When they try to be something they aren't, when they get in front of the camera, it's just like ......everybody on the internet being an expert....myself included.

And NO......I don't appreciate 'plugs' for sponsors during the actual hunting segment......insults my intelligence........it becomes another commercial and I didn't tune-in to feel like I'm being mezmarized by some 'clever' marketing bull$#!+.........it's an insult, (if you didn't catch that, the first go-around) :wink: It's like Sesame Street then.......some underlying story presented in a subtile manner. An obvious 'plug' for a product in the hunting segment is about as subtile as a train wreck and it pisses me off.......like I don't have sense enough to know what's going on.

Kent, Federal, Winchester, Estate, Remington, Brand 'X'......will all kill ducks dead! And I don't shoot Winchester because somebody I like on TV does.

So, leave the 'plugs' for commercial time, only!

Oh yeah.....don't show any people, either......just waterfowl! :lol:
MUD DUK
Veteran

Postby MUD DUK » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:00 am

[quote="Anatidae"]I think you just go out there and be yourself......if people like it they'll buy it......if they don't , then you'll join the long list of folks that attempted the same thing.

The thing that turns me off to hunting shows is when they appear to be scripted and folks aren't being themselves and doing what they enjoy. When they try to be something they aren't, when they get in front of the camera, it's just like ......everybody on the internet being an expert....myself included.

And NO......I don't appreciate 'plugs' for sponsors during the actual hunting segment......insults my intelligence........it becomes another commercial and I didn't tune-in to feel like I'm being mezmarized by some 'clever' marketing bull$#!+.........it's an insult, (if you didn't catch that, the first go-around) :wink: It's like Sesame Street then.......some underlying story presented in a subtile manner. An obvious 'plug' for a product in the hunting segment is about as subtile as a train wreck and it pisses me off.......like I don't have sense enough to know what's going on.

Kent, Federal, Winchester, Estate, Remington, Brand 'X'......will all kill ducks dead! And I don't shoot Winchester because somebody I like on TV does.

So, leave the 'plugs' for commercial time, only!

Oh yeah.....don't show any people, either......just waterfowl! :lol:[/quote

I totally agree. I want to see what I like doing myself in the blind, busting ducks (when available) and enjoying the company of my hunting companions. If not for that, we would all hunt alone. I've had more fun with my pals on slow days (talking chit, joking, etc) then I would have if I were alone and killed a limit.... JMO
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:03 am

Hayes Calls Prostaff
Crazy Anglers Pro Staff
Kick's Chokes Pro Staff
Crappie Logic Jigs Pro Staff
F&F Boats Prostaff
Dakota Decoys Prostaff
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:27 am

Nobody owes you anything.
FnW man
Veteran

Postby FnW man » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:29 am

"When the last tree has been cut and the last river has dryed up and the last wildlife has vanished we will finally realize that we can not eat money".
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:59 am

Hayes Calls Prostaff
Crazy Anglers Pro Staff
Kick's Chokes Pro Staff
Crappie Logic Jigs Pro Staff
F&F Boats Prostaff
Dakota Decoys Prostaff
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:14 am