Tis 16 days and counting.................

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby Delta Duck » Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:18 am

You reckon Ole Miss and State could be undefeated going into Thanksgiving night. Maybe!!!! :lol:
Red_Head
Regular

Postby Red_Head » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:04 am

Ya'll need to save your money and stay home (away from Oregon). They will beat State like a drum. If State isn't careful they will have the same 2 wins they had last year. Because, the Rebs will win on Thanksgiving and that would leave State with 2 wins. That is if they can win those 2. :lol:

I will have to give it to State. They will have the Basketball team of the century. As long as they don't screw up their probation.
IF THEY SHOW ORANGE, CUT'EM
Meeka
Duck South Addict

Postby Meeka » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:51 am

Well Sophomore, I'm glad to see you have finally finished licking your wounds, which was no doubt a considerable task. A bit more conservative this time, huh? Y'all might do better this year now that you've gotten rid of "the winningest QB in the SEC". If you still had him, there would be no doubt that the prognosticators are dead on. Jackie must be getting old, he is starting to listen to his help.

Anyway, I saw your post and figured you were counting down till dove season. Figured you gave up on the dawgs after last seasons shameful performance. I admire your courage after last season's prognostication. :oops: Since we now have over a thousand readers, lets see if you are brave enough to go back and get your last prognost. piece and post it so everyone will have an idea of your expertise!

As for my team, if we fill last year's holes and don't have any critical injuries, we will be right in the mix. Aw, nevermind, that sounds like I could be pulling for anyone. WE GONNA KICK SOME DAWG BUTT COME NOVEMBER!! How's that. :evil:
StateEngineerAtaStateJob

Postby StateEngineerAtaStateJob » Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:08 am

Yeah the cow college boys are toning it down a little this year. That Pasalanta sheet sandwich that they had to eat didn't taste very good. This year they are using a lot more bread and little less sheet just in case. Good thing because they will be 1-4 going into their REVENGE game with TROY STATE. That's TROY STATE not Florida State. BBBBRRRRHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:43 am

I am glad to see someone feels LSU will win the west. I donno about that one. I am tried and true purple and gold, but I don't think we have anyone to throw the ball. That could be a big problem. Not to mention we still don't have many people that can stop anyone else from throwing the ball. I will be optomistic and say we will have a decent season, but I am not expecting another division title. Who knows though. I'll let ya'll argue who is gonna be the best in MS, that aint fer me.
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby Delta Duck » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:15 am

StateEngineerAtaStateJob

Postby StateEngineerAtaStateJob » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:37 am

peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:53 pm

Peewee
Meeka
Duck South Addict

Postby Meeka » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:46 pm

GH22, can you give us any insight on why those pesky investigators were down your way recently and why the players needed lawyers to talk to them and why many of those recruits now have suspicious injuries, like hams?

Also, I'm still waiting to hear from you who this York fellow is that you predict will be the game 4 starter.

Greenhead, can you give us the inside scoop like you did last year? "I can't wait either. Dove season will start Sept. 1, and State plays their first game on the following Monday night, so I'll be able to see it. I've got a lot to look forward to in starkville this year watching the #1 senior draft prospect in the secondary, the #1 QB in the sec, #1 backfield duo in the nation, and the quickest group of WR's ever to hit Scott Field. "

Regards
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:40 pm

Well, let's see. The investigation is about secondary violations, little nick picky stuff that requires no penalties. The players' injuries are legit. If and when Fant starts screwing up, York will hit the field and then you'll know what he's about. State's first game is against oregon on aug 31, at 5PM, Fox Sportsouth. There is no #1 sec QB, DB, or RB's, but these WR's are the fastest that's ever been here, just gotta see if they'll catch the ball or not.

As for ole miss, they will struggle. Wonder why Archie stopped the Eli for Heisman campaign that the Rebels were going to start, probably cuz he knows they aren't going to win enough games to amount to anything. Ole Miss will put up the points, but the D will give up alot more, just like last season.

Arkansas will be tough, as long as they can keep their players out of jail. As for Bama, peewee's reply pretty much sums that up. LSU has the RB's, the WR's, just dunno about the QB. Auburn is gonna be pretty good, but not good enough to win it all.
BPT
Veteran

Postby BPT » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:09 pm

Well Alabama doesnt have any of those players anymore.
And in case you havent noticed just about every team in the SEC is gettin looked at except for maybe Vanderbilt.
GH22- Ill have to do some looking but im pretty sure that little stat about the QB with the most wins in the SEC does not belong to a MSU QB. Because a guy by thename of Jay Barker went 35-2-1 as a starter for Bama a few years ago, but i will check just incase i am wrong.
motherducker
Veteran

Go Dawgs

Postby motherducker » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:58 am

:lol: Hey, Mallardbuster. Start preparing yourself now to hear Jack Crystal say, "You can wrap this one in Maroon and White!" during Thanksgiving supper.
MALLARDBUSTER
Veteran

Postby MALLARDBUSTER » Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:34 am

MOTHERDUCKER,

DON'T THINK I'LL BE HEARING THOSE WORDS THIS YEAR, THIS IS OUR YEAR TO GLOAT. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE NORMAL STATE LUCK I WOULDN'T HAVE HEARD THEM LAST YEAR.

ANYWAY, THE HELL WITH FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW, WHAT ABOUT THE DOVE FIELD? I THINK IF THE WEATHER COOPERATES WE'LL HAVE A GOOD HUNT.

I BELIEVE WE'LL BEALRIGHT
DRY EM OUT BOYS!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”