Got First With BOW!!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Got First With BOW!!

Postby missed mallards » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:59 pm

Got my first this afternoon. bout a 100lb doe. came in perfect. 20 yards broadside, perfect shot, and a 40 yard blood trail.

came home to hunt with my brother. started at zero. set up bow friday night, literally. got up saturday morning and started shooting to see what i had. finally get it paper tuned where i'm stacking arrows in a 2" groups at 25 yards. my brother had assited me in my trials to get the bow ready for the evenings hunt. saturday was very eventful with several does coming by. problem was all had yearlings, 2 even still had bright spots. didn't get to sling and arrow and had a fawn walk within 8 ft of me. it was pretty dang cool if i say so myself. in the mean time my brother had missed a doe quarting away at 30 yards, she turned just as he released. got up this morning hopeing to head back to Starkville. after shooting the breeze with my younger brother he had the idea to go hunt. with nothing important to do i agreed. headed to the stand at 4:45 with the wind in our faces. my brother had done his homework when he hung the stand. walking in we jumped a few deer, couldn't tell what they where but we did get a good white flag show. got to "his" spot and he let me hunt "his" stand after "he" had helped sight in my bow. he tells me exactly where the deer are coming and going. he moved 100 or so yards off to catch any intersepting deer, he's never killed a deer with his bow either. got set up and waited. after a little while a doe shows up just out of range and she knew it. she flauted me a while, broadside, quating away, everyghitng. after 20 or so minutes of watching her, a coon comes by pissing on trees? a younger doe got curious of the coon and comes in quating to me at 25 yards to investigate. i had just enough time to draw back. got the picutre i wanted and released. heard a loud thump and she's off. I knew i had missed, my arrow was laying on the ground 3' from where i had shot. I, at this point, was ferious, and after ragging my brother all day saturday for missing, i new i had it coming. well my brother had heard the impact and was on his way. he got to me as i was getting out of the stand. i got down and walked to get my arrow and it was covered in blood. after walking the blood trail for 40 something yards we found her!!!

I will have to give credit where credit is do. My brother set me up. It was his spot, he sighted in my bow, and he dragged the doe out, not even 400 yards and he had the nerve to complain. Just a great day and i shot my first deer with a bow. my brother even though a "hard booty" was pretty excited for me. Now i am going to film his hunts for a while, i had fun shooting but i want to be with my younger brother and get it his hunts on camrera.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

fun

Postby jdbuckshot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:33 am

"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
Nitro Mag
Veteran

Postby Nitro Mag » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:45 am

Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:07 am

It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:10 pm

Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
sportsman450
Duck South Addict

Postby sportsman450 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:12 pm

sportsman

"That's Just My Opinion,I Could Be Wrong" - Dennis Miller
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:39 pm

Congrats
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:52 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”