Mn bans motorized decoys

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cooter
Regular

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby cooter » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:16 pm

Did yall see where minn banned the use of motorized decoys u can read the whole story at delta waterfowls site what are yalls oppinion on this what do yall think it will mean for us in years to come
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby GulfCoast » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:26 pm

I think its great. But y'all already knew that, right [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Cephous
Veteran

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby Cephous » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:08 pm

So GulfCoast I take it you don't like the motorized decoys...
doesn't really matter to me but then again I have never used one. Had someone tell me that they don't work as well this far south because they have already been shot at over them so many times that they avoid the spinners at any cost.
SCOOTER

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby SCOOTER » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:49 am

you cant beat a good jerk cord and 4 buddies acting like jerks. jerks rule************
peewee
Duck South Addict

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby peewee » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:06 am

Do yall think any other states will ban them.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby GulfCoast » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:27 am

There are a couple others that have, and CA limits the time within the season that they can be used, as I recall.
gator
Duck South Sponsor

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby gator » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:30 am

i think it's awesome...i wish some of my bud's would quit using em...can't stand that noise they make...actually got a chance to shoot one off it's little pole last year...it was very therapeutic [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
peewee
Duck South Addict

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby peewee » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:38 am

I am waiting to see if anyone in my camp brings one of those mojodoves to our dove shoot.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:41 pm

Suits me fine, I think they are an annoyance to deal with. I seem to be the one who gets stuck having to fool with them if someone else brings one. It's rattlin' too loud, or the wings stop with the white-side flipped up. I don't care if anyone else wants to use them. I just don't think they improve my success any.
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby Hambone » Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:43 pm

Wildfowler, if they made a twirlie for deer hunting, would you use it?
bwm
Veteran

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby bwm » Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:58 pm

I've got one if you would like to try it. (deer that is) The tail and neck twirls in circles.... Just kidding..

[ August 14, 2002: Message edited by: bwm ]
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:25 pm

What, one of those briar eatin' goats?

No thanks.
Meeka
Duck South Addict

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby Meeka » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:12 pm

lERCH WAS SO PROUD HE HAD ONE OF THOSE EXPENSIVE MALLARD MACHINES LAST YEAR AND HE BROUGHT IT ON A HUNT ONCE. LET ME TELL YOU THAT THING IS AWFUL. IT DOES NOT DRAW DUCKS; IT DOES NOT EVEN LOOK GOOD TO THIS DUCK HUNTIN EYE AND IT HAS A BIG OLE HEAVY BATTERY THAT LERCH HAD TO TOTE IN, ALONG WITH THE WHOLE DANGED CONTRAPTION. TALK ABOUT WORTHLESS. tHE THING RESEMBLES HUNTING OVER A PARK FOUNTAIN CAUSE IT GUSHES UP THIS WHOLE WAD OF WATER THE ENTIRE TIME . . . WELL MAYBE NOT THE ENTIRE TIME, SEEMS LIKE IT EVEN HAD A REMOTE. I THINK ONE LONELY DUCK THAT SPENT THE SUMMER UP IN A PARK FOUNTAIN UP NORTH MIGHT HAVE GLANCED AT IT AS IT FLEW BY! i DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU PEOPLE THAT HUNT OVER THOSE THINGS THINK, BUT I'M DECLARING THAT A DUCK CAN TELL THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN A SMALL WAKE CAUSED BY SOMETHING MOVING AND A GEYSER CAUSED BY AN UNDERWATER TROLLING MOTER!!! FELLOWS, GET YOU A JERK STRING AND KICK SOME WATER. AS FOR ME AND MY GROUP, WE HAVE BANNED LERCH'S MALLARD MACHINE.
Welldoggie
Veteran

Mn bans motorized decoys

Postby Welldoggie » Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:46 pm

Well if'n the ducks never migrate farther south than Minnesota (and of course, they put out truckloads of corn)like last year, then them boys don't need a roto duck. It is a matter of swatting them with a stick and trying not to kill over your limit with one swing.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”