Taken a lot of heat...Here is why.....how do you feel?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:21 pm

I agree with Xpress on this issue and believe that we must act responsibly. You know I used to cuss like a sailer, but then someone asked me

Do you cuss in front of your Mom or Dad and I said "No out of respect for them I do not".

Then they said would you cuss if your were standing in front of God and I said no.

If we believe that God is all seeing and all knowing, we should act as if we are standing in front of God at all times. For all intense and purposes we are standing in front of him all the time.

I try and apply this theory in the way that I talk, act and hunt. No I am not perfect, none of are, we are all struggeling to get thru this life the best way we know how.
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Hayes
Duck South Addict

Postby Hayes » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:55 pm

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:28 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I will take this to another level in a way...

My belief, as a born and raised Southern Baptist home in which my father was a license minister the majority of my childhood, not fulltime, but filled in around our area at times. I went to lots of camps and heard lots of different doctrine, as my dad's passion was more doctrine and theology and less counsel as most small town baptister ministers.

My thoughts, somewhat derived and somewhat lead into, are that when the bible talks about heaven on earth and when it talks about our rewards in heaven I think that we have a very obscure view of glowing angels on streets of shiny gold where we all sit around with harps and etc in robes. And I believe our rewards in heaven will be having exactly what we desire (purely) day to day on earth. I believe one day your currently place on earth will still be your place in heaven. I believe we will all be in the South...a far different South of course...but heaven will literally come to earth. After armagedon and the years of satan and all that in revalations. The Lord will come are reclaim his earth and make heaven on it for his people. Where we will live in absolute bliss...with our dogs and our trucks and/or whatever else...that's my belief...

You are taught heaven is the best thing you can imagine right? Well honestly, think of an eternty with no hunting, fishing, football, the boys, your good ole dog, etc. Sounds fantastic don't it? Not so much, I think it will be the most amazing place, b/c it will be just what you desire day to day, the amount of that will be your rewards in heaven the bible teaches. You will live enternally with the blessing of God and his glory and everything that you makes you glow, that makes you happy....

In response and like I said earlier, The problem is our desire day to day is earthly and When we die and he comes again we will be given new bodies we will be made perfect our desires will be perfect as adam and eves was in the beginning to be with god all the time, that is going to be our one and only desire it is to consume us. Guys the gospel is not about us when did god say "You are the center of my being, and in you I live and move and have my being, for without you then I'm nothing". Camlock while all of those things are great and fun the problem is they ar e all about us and what we want and what we enjoy. All the above things leave room for sadness dissapointent. I really have no clue about heaven and no need to argue over small things.

The question is not what is heaven gonna be like the question is are you gonna be there to see it?
Mark K
Veteran

Postby Mark K » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:24 pm

Hayes
Duck South Addict

Postby Hayes » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:40 pm

Very well put Mark K, Could not have said it better.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:05 pm

Bigpoppa
Duck South Addict

Postby Bigpoppa » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:07 am

The poster formerly known as Xpress
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:16 am

MSDuckmen
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDuckmen » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:06 pm

This is a good post and one that will likely make a few think.

It is interesting to me that many on this site talk about how they use to kill for no reason yet many on here still do. We have seen video's of killing for no reason, Pictures from below the border for no reason.

I truly believe that animals carry emotions. To have emotions they must have feelings.

We can all relate to a dog in some degree so let me use a pet as an example.

You come home from work and who is the first to great you? Who is doing little circles of joy around your feet and licking your hand as you sit down for a rest. How many pets will come to your defense if a confrontation is apparent? You call these instincts?

You say they respond because of repetitive stimulus? What about a child when you say don’t touch "it’s hot". Yet they do. Next time they don't. Ever watched a baby eat? See how the slobber starts to run when you put them in a feeding chair? Yeah stimulus. If you will take just a minute of your busy life and watch the creatures of the world, the humans of the world they are not worlds apart but very similar in many respects. They are no way our equal but they are part of the big picture.

My wife's cat comes running every time she pulls into the drive way. The cat is not happy until my wife picks her up and cradles her. How many times have you looked into the eyes of your pet? How can you look into those eyes and believe that this creature is anything less than a living, feeling, being that is simply different than humans.

We call most every thing an animal does as instinct.
Think of it this way, who besides God knows what you are thinking, feeling? No one. So with that a higher being could make the same assertions of you.

These animals we live with are just as much a part of this world as we are. We are at the top with Thought and reasoning. It is either by the Grace of God or evolution regardless of what your beliefs are. To me your beliefs don't matter but your will to be human and use the compassion that being number one should hold does.

It tears my heart apart to down an animal and not make it a clean kill. When my dog brought back ducks that were still alive I often asked forgiveness for pain I have caused them. I see us as neighbors and I see them as food.
You would no more go out in your back yard and shoot your dog or cattle for no reason and leave it to rot out of the fun of killing it. So why do so many get joy out of taking a life "regardless of it’s apparent worth" for no reason.

You guys have heard enough from me to know how I stand on this issue. I'm very pleased that others are starting to see and feel these emotions as I do.
There is a place for hunting and killing. But please before you pull the trigger think about what you are doing. How do your actions meet with your religious beliefs? You know you can kill it so what pleasure will it bring you after the killing is done? For what price has this animal given it's life.

I walk a fine line between being a hunter and not being one. I have such strong emotions toward the wilderness; I care for it a great deal because I know it is destined to disappear.

Have any of you ever thought about the animals that no longer exist because of humans killing them? The South Carolina Parrot, Carrier Pigeon, and almost the buffalo.
Next time you watch a TV show on Elephants and it shows a sow whose cub has died. Day after day she stands near it, constantly prodding it to move and go with her. Do you really think instinct is telling that mother to stay with her cub? Open your heart and believe that animal life has value other than the kill. Think for a second what it would be like to put a bullet in your beloved pets head for fun. Then maybe you might feel the need to allow life to go on. Hunting is a wonderful adventure; the future of it is how we as humans care for it.

Sorry for the Rant..

Dan
Hayes
Duck South Addict

Postby Hayes » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:31 pm

I guess the female insects that eat there mates after conception, eat them out of love.

Like I said in an earlier post there is no sense it debating such minor details, the post ended up miles away from where it began and everyone to there own beliefs about animails.

The only thing that truly matters is DO each one of us know where we are going to spend eternity.
duck_nutt
Duck South Addict

Postby duck_nutt » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:36 am

woundedduck
Duck South Addict

Postby woundedduck » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:41 am

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:24 am

feather
Veteran

Postby feather » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:00 am

I heard a sermon once about priorities here on earth and how some people more or less worship false gods. The example was the man who loved to fish so he basically lived for fishing...any type just so he was fishing. When he wasn't fishing he was reading about it or planning it or thinking about it. When he died he went to hell where every moment of every day for the rest of eternity he fished. And on every cast, no matter the conditions, no matter the bait, no matter what...he caught an identical ten pound bass. Every cast, every day, non-stop for eternity...... :wink:
"Locked, cocked and ready to rock, doc"..Ted Nugent

Return to “General Discussion Forum”