Mrs. Anatidae's "Sprig" in MSHFN mag.

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Mrs. Anatidae's "Sprig" in MSHFN mag.

Postby Wingman » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:12 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:06 pm

RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:35 pm

mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:24 pm

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:36 pm

Last edited by Anatidae on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:37 pm

sportsman450
Duck South Addict

Postby sportsman450 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:39 pm

sportsman

"That's Just My Opinion,I Could Be Wrong" - Dennis Miller
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:34 pm

You're welcome, Sprig.

Us redheads gotta stick together.

Tell your humans to send me your mailing address and I'll send you a copy of MSHFN to read to them.

― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:32 am

I've sent you the my humans' address.

Could you do me a favor and take my humans somewhere where I can get a little work, this season. Things are a little slow over here, and I don't have many years left........these folks (bless their hearts) just don't know how to find ducks, I guess.........'something about weather? Just between us redheads, I don't think they know as much about hunting as they THINK they do......I mean, we got all this water around here and they only want to hunt in the places that are easy to get to. I've seen places that look real ducky that they don't even know about cause they won't get out of the boat.

Heck, if I can swim through water hyacinths, you'd think that Evinrude 50 (I like that motor......goes fast.....makes my ears flap real good!) would get through it.....but heck no! I'm so tired of hearing "Good girl, Sprig"....and "'Atta girl!".......if they really appreciated what I go through to cut through water hyacinth, they wouldn't subject me to that. Gimme a BREAK.....don't patronize me. I'd like to see if that old man can even WALK when he's my age........I'd like to see them try to swim through water hyacinths in cold water. What WOOSIES! All they wanna do is sit in that boat with their thinsulate this, hydrofleece that, gore-tex everything........Sheesh......I'm happy with a place to sleep and a hot meal every now and then.

......and I've never seen anybody have to go to the bathroom as often as that guy does.......Sheesh, it's every 30 minutes for cryin' out loud. Then they argue over what's causing it.........the coffee......no, it hasn't had a chance to work yet.......it's the coffee........no, it's the cold temperature......I haven't had but one cup this morning......... :roll:

Rob, I tell you it's non-stop wioth these 2.......if I could talk, I'd tell'em to shut-up and hunt like the rest of us.......or go to the house. It never fails.....I'll spot ducks and the guy with the duck calls is over in the bushes somewhere.......no wonder we can't kill anything.

And by the way.......you oughta see all the holes in our GHG BW teal decoys.......Jeez.....you'd think they could tell the difference in a decoy and the real thing...........humans :roll:

Next time you talk to them......would you ask them to quit callin' me 'Piglet'! :x Yes, I like the mud and I make a mess sometimes, but that's my job. It's just demeaning when I'm out there doing my best to please them, and they say, "Good girl, 'Piglet'".....how disrespectful.....I'm a lady.

A little help from one red-head to another, please. By the way, (speaking of red-heads).........give Lilly a good, wet, SMOOCH on the left cheek for me. :wink:

I hope YOU have a good season! :?

'Sprig'
Last edited by Anatidae on Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:29 pm

:lol: Atta girl Sprig! :wink:
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:02 am

― Franklin D. Roosevelt
sportsman450
Duck South Addict

Postby sportsman450 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:50 am

sportsman

"That's Just My Opinion,I Could Be Wrong" - Dennis Miller
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:27 pm

Well, I can't complain too much.......every once in a while, they do something right.........like on the hunt in this photo.......

That's 13 and 13.......and even though they all dropped within 30 yds, I almost ran my pads off that day........the pea stubble is a little rough on me......'got little stickers all in it.....plus the ground was really dry.

But hey......I can handle it for 2 weeks out of the year. Oh, I figured out how to get some of that hydrofleece stuff they got. I lie down next to Anat. in his ground blind and start shivering? My momma hollers over and tells him to take his coat off and wrap it around me. Works every time, cause he always does what she says. You oughta see when he pulls out a candy bar........I give him 'the look' ........she gives him 'the look' and between the tow of us, that poor guy doesn't stand a chance.

I'll be watching the mail box, Rob. Thanks again.......I'm on the couch right now :lol: ...........life is good! :wink:
Last edited by Anatidae on Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:43 pm

Sprig,

If you could call and talk to Ace...he's developed a bit of gunshyness.

He went from picking up snipe under the 12 gauge at 4 months of age to a sissy boy at 10 months old.

Help. I sat on my butt and didn't work with him all summer and now this. I think he may have gotten shot at while raiding the chicken coop across the street. This could be bad.

― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:59 pm

I'm not sure what to tell you about that.....other than (the other side of that is) they've shot around me so much that I can't hear much any more. But the old man must be loosing his hearing too, 'cause Momma yells at him more and more, these days. :shock:

Maybe Anne's got some suggestions about what to do for 'Ace'. Dead ducks really helps take your mind off the noise. If you can try him with a starter pistol and light blanks......and just start him over with fetching a bumper and shooting the blanks away from him (really works better with 2 people cause the shooter can stand way off at first then move closer, depending on Ace's reaction.

Tell ya what, the humans went a bought me a new bedframe for the new mattress for the guest room, today.........Y'all will just have to load-up and come over here.......maybe we can stratighten Ace out (in the pond), and you, Dee Dee, and Lilly can work on my humans.

In the meantime, I'll personally test the new bed to see how it sleeps........for guests, of course. :wink: Fact is, I've tried everything out (except the 'hot tub'), and I like this new bed the best.

If you need some blanks, just let Anat know (what a goofy name, huh?), I think he's got several tins of 22 cal blanks. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”