My thought on a shorter season , and a story.

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Model12
Veteran

Postby Model12 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:13 pm

Well, I was about to head to the Delta and wait for my new "mobile home" that will be delivered tomarrow morning. I have looked foward to our new duck camp since we deceided to buy it at the end of the season. For some reason I deceided to check out the BBS before I left work and I'm glad I did. Thanks for the great post. I've seen something like that, and I know you can't ever forget it. Man...I can't wait....
SoftCall
Duck South Addict

Postby SoftCall » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:05 pm

Wildfowler - I've heard that story a hundred times and it just keeps getting better. I too have had some of the best hunts of my life in that same brake with the same great hosts. Nothing is rushed and every moment is absorbed. The Hambones do it right every time.

It's getting close to that time of year foooor sure. Thanks for the great post.
mississippi_duc_htr
Veteran
Location: On the wrong damn side of the state for sure for duck hunting!!!!, HATLEY,MS

Postby mississippi_duc_htr » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:16 pm

Man I need too go with some of you guys!!!!!! Yall done got me stated watching the weather channel again. My wife ask me the other day why do you keep flipping to the W.C. I told checkin to see how cold it is up north of us well she just gave me one of those looks [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] and said your already startin aint ya. I just looked @ her and said nope I've never quit [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
injun_23
Veteran

Postby injun_23 » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:07 am

Hambone... yes I loved the way Mr Buck was able to retell the wonderful stories of the hunting experiences of his life. I also loved the people and places as he saw them. I cant imagine Beaver Dam still being there (and im sure its different now) or the "HAWG BLIND" site but I was there once with him. I hunt with a close copy of De Shootn'est Gen'lman (N C state open trap champ,local skeet champ: Ben Smith)and we often discuss the memories Mr Buck left behind. I loved the duck hunts best tho and duck hunting will always be my first outdoor love with turkeys and doves comin on in at distant second and third. Good Luck to you and Mrs Hambone this year. Robbie Robinson
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:48 pm

Injun, did you actually get a chance to shoot with Nash Buckingham? Tell me more...I shot at Beaver Dam a couple of times in the 1970's but not since then. I have heard that the hunting there is not as good as it used to be.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: My thought on a shorter season , and a story.

Postby Wildfowler » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:02 am

Good grief! Did I really write this 18 years ago?? Hahaha

I’m glad this place is still here. I’m just goofing off a little bit this morning and I remember vividly how much fun this website used to be for us.

There was another one I wrote About slaying the Robo duck first year those things were in existence. This one was about hunting at Hambones place for the first time, I’m going to see if I can find it also.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Great story. Thx for bringing it back again.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:55 am

I had never seen that before. Great story Wildfowler.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:19 pm

I remember slaying your robo one day when that big booty group of teal came in low one morning. Haha
I think it was then we realized we didn’t need those dumb pia things.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”