tom matthews at avery...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:29 pm

'Champcaller'.....don't you know you're too young to talk about Mr Matthews like that? That's downright disrespectful, son! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Anatidae on Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ducman77
Duck South Addict

Postby ducman77 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:33 pm

Guess what i am old enough to say something though LOL :lol: :lol: . I know first hand how much of a peepee he is so ChampCaller i will back you up 100% LOL :lol: :lol:
shoot'm in the lips
Chocolate Seal
Veteran

Postby Chocolate Seal » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:33 pm

LOL
CAN YOUR DOG COUNT?
chevy01234
Duck South Addict

Postby chevy01234 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:39 pm

Chocolate Seal
Veteran

Postby Chocolate Seal » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:48 pm

CAN YOUR DOG COUNT?
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:27 pm

I'm no longer an Avery prostaffer, just too much sugar for a dime. IMHO, Tom Matthews & Co. may be new, as compared to say Falmbeau or GandH, but are industry leaders. I own numerous bags of GHG decoys and NOT a single one - of any species - has worn paint near like decoys of yesteryear did, especially those eyetalian something or others that I still use in large spreads - and kill ducks over - depsite the fact they're naked down to a light gray color ad, as dukbum would attest, headless. All that said...

I defy any one here to tell me of a better looking decoy on the market than GHG. Tell me one manaufacturer that makes a better gadwall, wigeon, shoveler, teal, mallard or pintail. Their first batch of decoys were to the decoy industry what the model t or edsel were to the auto industry - a precursor of much - much - better things to come. Is the absolute realism of GHG decoys neccesary for killing ducks? Hell no, but short of hunting over my own cork blocks - which look like cork blocks, not ducks - I'd rather hunt over GHG decoys than anyone elses. Can anyone tell me of ANY full body snows and blues decoys that produced an average of 100+ snow geese (mostly adults) in your face for a total of nearly 4000 just this spring - a couple regular guys freelancing snows in teh spring?

Avery makes many superior products. It was they, after all, that came up with the floating gun case. And the first real nice, floating somewhat waterproof blind bag. And the first mass-produced pop up blind (not near as nice as the one out of Greenwood, but better than any other mass produced pop up blind - mine's lasted me 12 years and counting). And teh first neoprene gloves that you can actually shoot with. And the best mass-produced field blind (imo) - both the power hunter and thefinisher blind. Did anyone else flock heads, or make a superior full body mallard, black duck or pintail before Avery? Who knows, they may even getting around to making me some monk parakeet decoys for Argentina!

Agreed - Tom Matthews is an often impetuous blow hard, which only makes him human, and in my humble opinion has numerous staff that are gifted at verbal communication and PR. IMHO, it'd be best for Avery to let them do what they're paid to do and TM ignore those with an axe to grind if for no other reason than for the reason I simply ignore "the Prophet's" snide remarks - everyone's entitled to their opinion so just live with it.

Finally - who here can prove that the poster was, in FACT, a thirteen year old boy from NY? I call bullsugar. The original post was way, way different than the one posted by him right now and sounded far to "adult". How many alias-only folks on the internet are really truly who they say they are? I rest my case.
Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com® It's duck season somewhere. Full-service, full-time agency specializing in world-wide wingshooting and trophy bird hunts. Toll free 1-866-438-3897. Visit our website to view 100s of client testimonials, 1000s of photos.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:29 pm

Are we gonna get wet?
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:11 pm

Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com® It's duck season somewhere. Full-service, full-time agency specializing in world-wide wingshooting and trophy bird hunts. Toll free 1-866-438-3897. Visit our website to view 100s of client testimonials, 1000s of photos.
Jelly
Duck South Addict

Postby Jelly » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:41 pm

I thought the post said TM knew the guy.
Why is my mouth so dry this morning, when I drank so much last night?
mottlet
Duck South Addict

Postby mottlet » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:19 pm

We can hold Ray Nagin accountable for the moronic crap that comes outta his mouth, but not Tom Matthews? I really don't thing that the original post was a thirteen year old kid either. However, Mr. Matthews goes out of his way to let everybody, not just the original poster, know what he thinks of them. He's human, but he's also president of the company. BUT...Avery's been a joke for years.

mottlet
It's a bloody mary morning...
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:56 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:15 am

It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:23 am

"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
Jelly
Duck South Addict

Postby Jelly » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:57 am

Why is my mouth so dry this morning, when I drank so much last night?
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:50 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”