Winchester Xperts

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
quakwacker
Duck South Addict

Winchester Xperts

Postby quakwacker » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:34 pm

I shoot a Winchester Super X2 and I can't get the Xperts to cycle through the gun consistantly. They always hang up when they try to eject. These are the only shells that I have trouble with and it isn't because my gun isn't clean because I clean it regularly.

I know the simple solution would be to shoot a different shell and normally I do, but I noticed the problem and was curious as to why this happens.

I was just wondering if anybody else had trouble shooting these shells, or if anybody could remedy my problem.
quack fiend
Veteran

Postby quack fiend » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:43 am

Possibly the problem is the overall length of the fired hull, is it getting caught out of the chamber but hung in the ejection port? I shoot 3.5" xperts all the time with my baikal without a problem, but my ejection port could be somewhat longer (especially after my dremel tool got ahold of it :D )--try a different brand, and compare the fired lengths. If the shells are getting stuck before they fully exit the chamber, though, you need to polish that chamber, doesn't matter how often you clean your gun if you have fouling and plastic gumming up the works in the chamber. Also think about cleaning those gas ports and polishing the rails.
you did put in the plug, right?
quakwacker
Duck South Addict

Postby quakwacker » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:32 am

Like I say I clean it regularly and clean it good so I don't think that is the problem, if it was then every shell would hang up in there wouldn't it?
It may very well be the length of the hull though. I haven't compared them to the Kent's that I normally shoot. I will do that, thanks.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”