Fall Shoot/Cookout planned

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Mon Jul 30, 2001 8:58 am

Since we didn't get a chance to meet everybody at the last cookout, GH22 and I are planning to throw another shoot/cookout around the last week in Sept or 1st 2 weeks in Oct. State is in Florida Oct 9th, then Auburn the following weekend (I think).

Ya'll give me some input on dates and suggestions on how we can make this happen. I'd love to move it around the state, so everyone has a chance to participate. Until then, I'd like to have one at Starkville in the Fall (prior to duck season) AND one in the Spring, so everybody can tell their stories (lies) after the season closes.

What ya'll think?

By the way.....there is consideration of having a 2 beer limit with lunch and waiting 2 hours before resuming shooting. The alcohol policy DOES cramp things a bit, but at least kept everyone safe.

Guys it was great to meet the folks I met...feel like I made some friends (even though I pick on them occasionally). Give it some thought!
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Mon Jul 30, 2001 9:05 am

HOW ABOUT IN JACKSON, IT'S A LITTLE MORE CENTRAL. WE HAVE A GUN CLUB ALSO..I COULD CHECK IT OUT FOR PRICE ETC.
OCT WOULD PROB BE BETTER AS TO NOT INTERFERE W/ DOVE SEASON.
baldduck
Veteran

Postby baldduck » Mon Jul 30, 2001 9:31 am

Yall just let me know when, where, and what I need to bring. Any help at all let me know. baldduck
SCOOTER

Postby SCOOTER » Mon Jul 30, 2001 12:15 pm

STARKVILLE HERE I COME, COUNT ME IN.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Mon Jul 30, 2001 12:28 pm

Late Sept. or early Oct. are both ok with me and my crew. I definitely won't miss this gathering. Just keep me posted on the plans and I'll be there. Anatidae, let me know if you need any help...
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:31 pm

Well as long as I don't have anyting else cooking at that time I would be interested again. Of course now that I have a real job, Don't konw how easy it will to get off, but I will work on it and letya know.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:32 pm

Hey, I appreciate that Red I'd Duck, the biggest thing you can help me with is get Goosebruce outa bed and drag him down here, with you. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

That reminds me, Goose....when's the Grand? Anne will probably be there every day...she was there last year for every test and I imagine we'll be around, this year, too. 'Hope ya'll can get a chance to meet each other. She's got a Golden you outa see work.....

I'll let you know some other stuff later, thanks for the offer! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:41 pm

Jeff, that would be great if ya'll can make it! I'm gonna do less shooting and more visiting, this time. I plan to smoke some honker breasts and make a gumbo. If you come up this way....I desperately need some tasso ham (Manda, if you can find it), to go in the gumbo.

Glad you will be there, Scooter.

I figure we'll have a lot of students back from summer break. It should be a better climate, by then. I hope Booger, Dan and Tim, DUForester, and the others can make it back, too.

Man, ya'll may not have realized it but Booger is a pretty damn good shot. He was bustin' stuff with a 20ga that we had trouble hittin' with a 12.....that's tough to do on the trap field. 'Wish I could've shot more targets with Jeff, Goosebruce and GH22, so I could 'rib' ya'll, more.
ScottS
Veteran

Postby ScottS » Mon Jul 30, 2001 4:27 pm

I vote for Starkville too (sounds like it's a done deal anyway). I'd prefer the weekend we are at Florida because I've got to go up to Kentucky the weekend we are at Auburn. Is there a bigscreen TV at the gun club so that we can watch State/Florida on the tube when we aren't shooting? You know that game will be picked for TV! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Scott
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Mon Jul 30, 2001 6:45 pm

Yes, I'll be there unless some kinda work hassle rears it's ugly head. That gun club is perfect for our fun. Not too fancy but not crappy either. My 20 gauge is primed and ready, thanks for the kind words. I don't know who plays what where (sorry) but what about September 22nd ?

Don't forget the chigger spray.
goosebruce
Duck South Addict

Postby goosebruce » Mon Jul 30, 2001 7:11 pm

Oct 6th would be about the only weekendy I could do it, but don't change any plans on account of me. My wifes got a family reunion in Yocona that weekendy, so we'll be that direction anywho. Fall hunt test season starts second weekendy of sept, and till after the grand(oct 22) I wont be doing anything really (not easy being a leash lackey/bird boy! hehe). We're gone most every weekendy from start to finish, so like I said, don't change any plans for me. travis
shiloh
Veteran

Postby shiloh » Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:10 pm

i'm all for having it in jackson
Meeka
Duck South Addict

Postby Meeka » Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:27 pm

Sorry I missed out on all the fun last time, but Starkville is just to far from Southwest, Miss. Jackson would be easier. Since most of us that don't live in the delta hunt there at least, we could find excuses to get up/over there (preferably the South Delta area). Maybe someone has a place in mind. My camp isnt big enough. Maybe somebody like SB could set us up in a pavillion. my 2 cents.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:44 pm

Hey, ya'll.....that's fine. You can have one anywhere you want to and call it whatever you want to. You organize it and get it going.

We're going to have one at Starkville sometime in October or late Sept, so for those interested in attending the Starkville event, we'll keep you posted.

I'm sorry we're not more centrally located, too, but we'll have a shoot/cookout for those in this region. "hope you can make it! 'Just trying to let ya'll know in advance and get some feedback on preferences for a date to have it.

We'll wait to see when goose and teal seasons will be, before setting a date.
dos gris
Veteran

Postby dos gris » Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:48 pm

Meeka-
I live just west of you in the Liberty area. I didn't realize you were in Mccomb.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”