Pics from the coast

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Pics from the coast

Postby teul2 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:49 am

I have never before seen a spirit of community, sharing, helping, and hope as I saw this weekend. People helping people, it is every where. It warms my soul to know how many people, even after they have lost every worldly possession, are helping others cut trees, clean out houses, clear yards, and distributing food, water, and ice. There was no looting evident while we were there. Good thing too, because we were armed to the teeth in case there was. I did hear first hand accounts of looting the day after, but there is so much military, DOT, police, and other US, state, and local agencies from all over the US that the opportunity to loot is slim to none.

Here are a few pictures form our trip to help my family. I will try my best to put into words a description and an area them.

These are seen everywhere.

This tree has nothing in the top of it, it did crack a little, but the sheer power to just bend a tree over is unreal.

These MPs took it upon then selves to say what we were all thinking.
Military Poce, what else can you say?

The storm surge stopped at the tracks for the most part in the areas that we got to. But here you can see it made it over. The surge washed the rocks from under the tracks so much that you can see under them.

Gulfport

Gulfport

The utility workers numbered in the 10s of thousands it seemed. We saw crews from about 10 different states. Pat one of these guys on the back and tell them thanks for the job they do for me will ya?

This is the Long Beach PD and central Fire Department, and they are still working out of it.

I'll be going back as soon as I can to help out my family, they were lucky, many, many others were not. Please keep these people in your prayers.

PS. the death toll will grow 10 fold, there are hundreds of bodies that have not been identified and families notified yet so they are not released to the press yet. Waveland and Pass Christian got the worst from what I saw.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
gator
Duck South Sponsor

Postby gator » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:55 am

teul, i ain't got the words to describe how i feel seeing those pics....

glad you and spoon are ok...

gator
HRCH Eight Gauge - Gauge (see you on the bridge buddy)
HRCH Eight Gauge's Mountain Man - Trapper
B-80
Veteran

Postby B-80 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:13 am

"Left Mississippi for a while one time... It liked to killed me."
QUACKERS
Duck South Addict

Postby QUACKERS » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:33 pm

joel, very sombering.Myself and some friends of mine went to Hattiesburg and Petal yesterday to help cut trees for folks, I can only imagine how bad the coast looks. I was in shock of all the damge Hattiesburg and Petal got.

the people that we helped were very cautious when we showed up 25 strong and offered to cut there trees from there house.Most everyone wanted to know how much it would be, when we said free we got reactions from crying to God blees you young men and the biggest smile you could imagine.

I plan to go to gulfport to help some friends if mine and the head to Biloxi to help his mother and uncle which houses were less fortunate during the storm.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:25 pm

There was considerable looting Tues and Wed. The police and National Guard surfaced on Thursday, and it has been much calmer since then.
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:28 pm

Spoonallard
Duck South Addict

Postby Spoonallard » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:11 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”