What is your favorite hot weather outdoor activity?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Ol' Susie
Regular

Postby Ol' Susie » Fri Jul 27, 2001 8:55 pm

Sit on my pier and eat crawfish and drink beer until they go out of season. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Fri Jul 27, 2001 10:15 pm

I like to walk outside just long enough to decide its too damn hot to do anything, then go back in and cut the AC down a little more,and count the days till winter.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: DUCKAHOLIC ]
Baldpate
Regular

Postby Baldpate » Sat Jul 28, 2001 6:59 am

I get on the pontoon boat on Lake Moultrie or the Cooper River and have the family and a FEW cold ones along for the ride. Then we (bob) put on life Jackets and just float under the boat in the lake. It is a great life. BUT can't wait until Duck season. Later Baldpate
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Mon Jul 30, 2001 8:42 am

DUCK HUNTING..., but when the season's not open, I enjoy going to the lake, and sittin' in the glider, watchin'g my wife work the dog. Ocaasionally, I'll have to get-up and go about 150yds and throw some 'long marks' and plant 'blinds' for her, but I use the pick-up to do that. [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

'Not much on doin' anything when it's hot, but this weekend, I got my boat trailer back (had to get tha axle straightened and had some bigger wheels/tires installed) and replaced the bunk carpeting. 'Boat's been suspended from the rafters in the garage for two weeks...'thought it'd pull the roof down before I got my trailer back. It'll be ready for the haul to NE LA every weekend, now! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The other thing I did this weekend was load some dove loads (about 1000 rounds)...that's something I do in the summer in the air-conditioning. Only bad thing is, I got my thumb caught under the primer drop-tube and damn near cored that joker clean OFF [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] Next time you get near your MEC with a 'auto prime', reach up under there and feel how sharp that tube is....it just sliced right thru that thumb nail like a hot knife thru butter... [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] OUCH!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Next, I boxed-up 5 doz G&H decoys to get ready to send to Balduck, today. It's safe to say, most of what I do during the 'HOT' times, somehow can be related to duck hunting. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Mon Jul 30, 2001 1:50 pm

I sure hope that your thumb is ok. It may be tough to load a shootgun with only four fingers and no opposible thumb. When it is hot I play golf and fish in the afternoon and read plenty about duck hunting. I dream about ice on my waders and how clear the night sky is when there is a gentle frost on the ground.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:24 pm

Thanks! I appreciate that.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”