Looking for Mules!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
laduck
Veteran

Looking for Mules!

Postby laduck » Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:12 am

I am heading down to Venice, La. this afternoon. The big trout are suppose to be there. With my recent luck they will have moved by Saturday. Maybe will catch a few if the wind lays. Will let you'll known if I have any yellow mouths to brag about. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Shoot them sprigs on their first pass!
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Looking for Mules!

Postby mallardchaser » Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:22 am

I had a hell of a trip on big trout at Lake Calcasieu (big lake.) Monday and Tuesday.
hope you have good luck.
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Looking for Mules!

Postby Jeff » Fri Jul 27, 2001 8:37 am

BOy Jack I hope the wind lays for ya and the rain. Right now lookin' out my window it's sunny but ya can tell there's rain all over. Not a day I would be dyin' to go, but the best time to fish is when ya got time so good luck hope ya wear em out.
Johnboy114
Veteran

Looking for Mules!

Postby Johnboy114 » Sat Jul 28, 2001 9:37 pm

I bet Venice was paked for you today, cause of the big rodeo down there. YOu have any luck? You go with a guide or what?
laduck
Veteran

Looking for Mules!

Postby laduck » Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:54 am

The trip to Venice ended up being not a good trip. We had a guide and he worked hard, but there were very few fish to be found. We fished Breton Sound for specks and toward the mouth of the river for reds. There were alot of thunder storms to dodge and it was a bit rough. We ended up with 11 good trout and 10 reds. Yes, it was some kind of crowd down there. Could hardly find a place to park. Some of the Grand Isle fishers were over there as well. Next time may be better.

Shoot them sprigs on their first pass!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”