just curious...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dos gris
Veteran

just curious...

Postby dos gris » Fri Jul 27, 2001 6:40 am

....as to how many of you fellas have lengthy commutes to work everyday. Unfortunately in order to make decent money I have a 1 hour 10 minute drive (each way) into the city each day. I would rather do the drive and live rural than be in the damn city. Luckily my boss is cool and I have flexable hours. Any you guys in a similar situation?
ScottS
Veteran

just curious...

Postby ScottS » Fri Jul 27, 2001 6:56 am

I use to have the rush hour 45 minute drive into B'ham every morning but now my office is 15 minutes away from home. I also have a cool boss that lets me work flexlible hrs. I usually come in at 6:15 and leave at 4:00 every day. They still get about 9 hrs from me and my work is always complete.

Scott
Unkljohn
Duck South Addict

just curious...

Postby Unkljohn » Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:55 am

I used to have a 1 hour drive. Then we moved out into the country and now I only have 30 minutes. I really do enjoy that time too. It gives me time to forget about work before I get home to the wife. And it lets me drink some coffee and collect my thoughts before the day starts. That 1 hour drive was a killer though!!!
Jeff
Duck South Addict

just curious...

Postby Jeff » Fri Jul 27, 2001 8:33 am

Welp, I will be drivin' in the area of an hour each way here startin' tomorrow. Until I get a house it will be that way, but it isn't really a problem so long as the ol' vehicle keeps on truckin'.
BirdDawgHunter
Regular

just curious...

Postby BirdDawgHunter » Fri Jul 27, 2001 9:35 am

I have a comfortable (95% interstate) 30-minute drive. I wish it were shorter, but I'm glad it's not any longer, and I get to live in my hometown where I want to be.

My only problem is that I get sleepy on the drive home some days. I don't think I'd make it on a 70 minute drive, but you gotta do what ya gotta do.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

just curious...

Postby GulfCoast » Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:31 pm

32 minutes, door to door, mostly 4 lane. I would rather do the drive and live where I want. If it got to an hour, that would be tuff.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

just curious...

Postby judge jb » Fri Jul 27, 2001 4:31 pm

twenty minutes at 45 mph.... i find my time to and from work as my quite time... like to drive slow and look and think.... alot of my work can be handled at the house...esp. during duck season....haha......
i make alot of important rulings in my quite time...

judge jb

Return to “General Discussion Forum”